Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kenmore Elite Side by Side

Posted by octoberdana (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 23, 13 at 21:15

Found a fridge that I love: the 29.1 cubic foot Kenmore Elite Side by Side. Love the roominess, the stainless is trimmed in gray, and that you can fit large pizza boxes in the freezer side.
29 cubic feet is more than we need but we are getting a major good deal on it (less than $1,500 for the white or $1,700 for the stainless steel).

My biggest concern is my kitchen configuration. My fridge has to sit up against the wall on the left. The wall extends well past the fridge. The opening for the fridge is 40-41 inches wide and this fridge is 36" I'm afraid I'm not going to have enough room to open the freezer door as wide as I need to. The right side butts up against cabinets/counters but it will stick out far enough to clear them I think.

The salesman said maybe a FD would be better, but I don't see how a FD would have any more clearance than a SBS.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kenmore Elite Side by Side

Somewhere in a past GW appliance post by an appliance seller about refrigerator door clearances, I read that side by sides need 1 7/8" clearance for swing and french door 2 1/2".

I have been researching CD door clearances due to a railing on the right side of the refrigerator. My current side by side does fine, can remove drawers et all. In my minds eye, I don't see the same happening for a new FD, so have been reluctant to purchase one.

This is all anecdotal. Maybe an appliance guru will add some sage words. Good luck.

edit: correction

This post was edited by SparklingWater on Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 22:09

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here