Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tiamia_gw

Need help selecting an electric, freestanding smooth top range

tiamia
9 years ago

I have been researching freestanding, smooth top, electric ranges and am thoroughly overwhelmed with all the choices out there. Would appreciate any input on a good electric freestanding range.(Some of the ranges I have been looking at include: LG/ LDE3037SB, KitchenAid Architect Series II/ KERS507XSS, Samsung/NE597R0ABSR.)

Comments (3)

• wvugal
    9 years ago

We had a GE smooth top range for approximately 12 years prior to our kitchen remodel earlier this year when we switched to induction. I loved the GE, and never had any issues with it through heavy use. It has been passed on to my son, who loves it.

• Debbi Branka
    9 years ago

I also have a GE smooth top range that I bought in 1995. I have loved it. Just now the burners seem to be maybe not heating as quickly. Could be my imagination. I've been looking to replace it with induction (it will then be moved to the basement to replace the circa 1970s gold electric coil top GE that is down there working awesomely!).

• dadoes
    9 years ago

I have a GE Profile range that came with my house built in 2004. It has a black-glass radiant cooktop and true convection oven (with 3rd element). I'm not a professional cook by any measure but everything works quite nicely for what I do with it.

GE by-and-large has always produced good cooking appliances.