Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marioncohen1

Grohe essence kitchen faucet

marioncohen1
10 years ago

Can't decide on a kitchen faucet. I am doing a modern kitchen and don't know if I love that gooese neck faucet.
Does anyone have the Grohe essence faucet? If so do you like the look and function?

Comments (6)

• noopd
    10 years ago

dont have this faucet. but it looks pretty modern with clean lines.

A reason kitchen uses "gooseneck" style is to accommodate very tall pots in the sink. If your kitchen sink is very deep, then it's probably not a problem.. If you sink is shallow, it may not fit with this faucet unless you pull the faucet out.

• sara_the_brit_z6_ct
    10 years ago

I have it, have had for four or five years. I love the look of it, have no issues filling deep pots from it either.

One thing you should know, which I didn't until it was too late, is that although it has a pull-out, it does not switch to a spray: you just get the same flow in a more manoeuvrable form. If you need a sprayer, you'll need a re-think. I thought this would be a disaster initially, and was cursing myself for not checking more closely, but in fact it's not been a problem after all. YMMV.

But it's a fabulous looking thing and I don't mind.

• marioncohen1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Sara, I like the look a lot and need to order a faucet this weekend. I am not sure if I need or will miss a spray function. I don't have one now and not sure if its something I should get. I also like the Grohe Minta but it looks like it also may not have a spray function. Thanks

• eleena
    10 years ago

Grohe website says that Minta has "extractable integrated trigger spray".

I have been also looking at this faucet for days and cannot decide either... :-(

• marioncohen1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Eleena, thanks for pointing that out. Not sure which one to go with. I like the look of both. Essence different looking..I am so tired of all these decisions...... ugh...I am doing a white kitchen with carrara marble and a zero radius sink. Want it to be somewhat interesting but also have the right functions I need. Let me know what you decided and why?

• eleena
    10 years ago

I am actually going to start another thread shortly and beg for help.

I have spent days and days - to no avail. Those that fit the bill are extremely expensive and I don't want to pay $1K for a faucet.

Minta was said to be the top "designer's pick" in an article I read somewhere. But I want the L-shaped one and it is not available in the US, I think.

I want a touch-less faucet but worried about the plastic hose in Kohler Sensate. FWC has nice faucets but the one I want is $735 and the photo element is EXTRA.

I like Handgrohe Talis S. Have you looked at it? It comes in several different shapes.