Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! 27 inch wall oven.....

Posted by TeeBeeNOLA (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 20:58

Building a house. Want the 36" 6 burner Bluestar cooktop. Not crazy about the range oven based on all the negative reviews on how hot the door gets (120 degrees is pretty hot to me). In present home, I have a 36" DCS all gas range which I like. BUT, I'm in the Hot South and during the summer, I pretty much stick to my Quisinart pizza oven out on my back porch as my primary oven. SO, that being said, I've pretty much came to the conclusion I should get a 24-27" electric (speed?) oven INSIDE my kitchen.

Opt1: Bluestar 36 all gas range with ____(fill in the blank)___ 24-27" wall oven. I was looking at the GE Advantium but several ppl have warned against it. Thermador??? KA??? Fridadaire????

Opt2: Bluestar 36 cooktop with ?????oven????? A 27" gas on one side and a 27" electric on the other side under cabinet??? If that's the case - the gas oven wouldn't be under hood. No clue where to go from here.

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! 27 inch wall oven.....

Not sure why they would warn against Advantium, maybe the 120 volt, but even complaints against the 120 V are rare, and the 220 volt, You would havta look long and hard to find a negative review about those----and this comes from an Elux Speed Oven owner, who loves it!

My self, I would want both a regular oven and a speed oven and Indeed" that is what we have. Like you, we do a lotta broiling, bbqing, cooking outside as we live in S. Calif, but I still would not give up my 2 ovens (well one and a half, anyway).

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here