Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which appliance package would you buy?! Wolf/Thermador

Posted by LLando (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 12 at 20:41

I am debating between two appliance packages,which end up being almost the exact same price, so I would love feedback!

1. Wolf 6 burner rangetop and wolf E-Series double ovens. The ovens are a floor model - they have never been hooked up, but have been on the floor, so doors have been opened and closed.

2. Thermador Professional 6 burner rangetop and Thermador Professional 30" double ovens.

Thanks so much!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which appliance package would you buy?! Wolf/Thermador

Wolf. I love my Wolf ovens, and have heard better things about the Wolf rangetop than the T'dor.

o

I just ordered a full T'dor package. Better pricing, better features (for me) and better warranty (in my area). We'll see over time. Probably can't go wrong either way.

o

Wolf seems to have a much better rep for customer service, and I've been very pleased both with how they back up their appliances and with the technology used in their ovens, which also has a nice, long history that helped me feel confident in buying my E Series double oven. I sure haven't been disappointed. The most even and consistent baking I've ever experienced. We bake almost daily.

I am happy with my Wolf rangetop. When shopping for ours, I wanted 8 burners, which eliminated the Thermador, although I heard good things about the star burner. I remember reading complaints that Thermador burners click audibly because of the cycling on and off during simmer.

Will you have natural gas or propane? I can't remember if Thermador was one of those made for NG and adjusted for propane with an associated loss in BTUs. If you have natural gas, it's not a concern, but was for us with propane. At the time we got ours, I think BlueStar and Wolf ...and maybe Capital... were the only ones with different models made for the different types of fuel. I think there are more now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here