Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bluestar oven and full size sheet pans

Posted by unixisgoodforyou (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 20:33

Bluestar ovens are supposed to fit a full sized sheet pan. (I have a 30" RCS from Costco.) How tight is the fit for a full sized sheet pan?

I was at my local appliance store and was kicking the tires on another gas range. It supposedly also fit a full sized sheet pan, but it was really, really tight. The sheet pan was rubbing against the screws that held the side rails of the oven. Likely you would have to put the sheet pans at heights where there weren't any screws. Again, that was with a non-Bluestar oven.

And while we are on the subject of sheet pans, what do you think about also buying some perforated sheet pans, and some wire grates (both full sized)?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bluestar oven and full size sheet pans

I'll bump this and maybe help get the conversation going.

First thing: Full size sheet pan is 18 x 26. Have you tried measuring with your tape measure?

Second, 18 x 26 is what I recall being the interior dimensions of the oven in the 30" BS RNB I saw weekend before last when a friend dragged me along on her stove shopping expedition. Seems like the full sheet pan would be tight, though maybe not quite as tight as on the other stove you looked at.

Also, 18 x 26 is a "nominal" dimension for a full size sheet pan. There may be are slight variations between brands depending on how canted the sides are and how they roll/reinforce the rims.

Maybe somebody will have direct experience with a full-size sheet pan in a 30" BS? I know BS says you can put full size sheet pans in the ovens of their 30" range, but. I suspect you would get very uneven baking when you do that in the oven of a 30" model. But, again, we need to hear from somebody who has actually tried it. I only know about doing that in a 36" range. That wider oven gives space for air and heat to circulate..

Perforated pans? We used to use them for certain breads, such a hamburger buns, but I've never tried one in a 30" oven. Seems like you would have the same problems with a bun pan as a regular pan if you fully load the pan. If you aren't going to fully load it, why bother with the really big pan?

Full size wire cooling racks would not block the oven the way the sheet pans would. I've only used them for dehydrating. Tried roasting vegetables on one once, but some of them (such as zucchini) stuck and made the rack hard to clean.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here