Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
American Range, Dacor, or Thermador

Posted by MrMajor (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 20:32

I am deciding between the 30" American Range Performer, Dacor Renaissance and the Thermador PRG304GH. I am leaning towards them in that order. I like the power and look of the AR, but I have questions on it's ability to simmer properly. Anyone own it? Thoughts? I have used Bluestar in the past. As well as Viking and Wolf and no longer want either of these brands. So please don't offer them 4th 5th or 6th solution thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: American Range, Dacor, or Thermador

I would spend a lotta time googling American Range Performer.

I did find some reviews that complained about the simmer on American Ranges, but it was never mentioned in the post whether it was the sealed or open burner model.

I would love to see American Range do well for 2 reasons.

(1) They are very close to me in S Calif.
(2) Blue Star and Capital need the competition to keep prices
in check (which they are not right now)
(gas ranges that cost more than some new cars)?????

GIMMIE A BREAK, THEY DONT HAVE 1 GRAND OF PARTS IN THEM!!!!!

Good luck on your hunt, if you can't find the posts I did, I will be happy to search them out again for you.

Gary

o

I am sure it was the open burner model. I just want to hear from a person that owns one that it does indeed does fine. The distributor told me the 12k burner would hold at 140 even with good cookware. So here is hoping.

o

Do a search on the main appliance page, (the box at the bottom) for American Range.

There is one poster there that is thrilled with hers, A Performer, and it even has a simmer burner.

Click the link below to see that post>

Gary

Here is a link that might be useful: American Range Performer

o

I was hoping for more than one good review... Anyone else care to sound off? Help?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here