Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msl511

How much fits in Bosch 30" oven?

msl511
10 years ago

You have all been incredibly helpful answering so many of my questions. I hope you'll be patient with some more.

For years I've been saying that I need two ovens and that it's first on my list when we renovate the kitchen. Now I'm wondering if I could get the cooking space I need with a different arrangement, once that costs less and eats up less cabinet space in my smallish kitchen.

I only need the second oven 3-4 times per year, when I cook for a crowd for Thanksgiving, Passover, etc. Right now I only have one oven and it's 24". If I put a turkey in there, I can't really fit anything else. I don't have room on the sides of the turkey for anything and the oven is too short to do a second rack with baking dishes.

So here's what I'm wondering. If I buy a Bosch 500 30" oven, what else can I fit in there along with a smallish (say 10-12 lb) turkey? I realize the answer to this depends on the size of my roasting pan and other pans, but I'm hoping I could get a turkey and maybe something small on one rack and a couple of 13x9 pans on another rack. Does this seem realistic?

My plan would be to supplement the single oven with a good sized Cuisinart toaster oven I already own that bakes casserole type things pretty well, although it has to be something in a pan that's smaller than 13x9 AND the even bigger Breville toaster oven with convection that I also own that bakes pretty nicely AND instead of buying a regular MW, I'd buy one with convection.

I understand that none of you can tell for sure if that will give me enough cooking space, but if anyone has any general thoughts on this plan, I'd be interested in the feedback.

I can take pans to an appliance store and check out a Bosch oven, but I won't have a turkey with me and I'm no good at estimating heights of things.

Comments (2)