Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bluestar door glass cleaning

Posted by carree (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 10, 14 at 20:14

I read of someone else's experience about cleaning the streaked glass - between the two window panes - of her oven door by sliding a hangar or wooden stick through the vent holes on bottom of her oven door. I have a Bluestar which doesn't seem to lend itself readily to this maneuver.

How have other Bluestar owners cleaned between panes of their oven glass window?

And somewhat related, have you actually put your grates and burner cast iron in the dishwasher to get them glossy looking again? Mine look rather tired after six months of use.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bluestar door glass cleaning

Looking forward to an answer to this too. The Bluestar is DH's one non-negotiable for our upcoming kitchen reno.

o

Hi carree, I've cleaned the glass a couple times in the past 14 months I've had my range. It's a relatively simple and straightforward procedure. Remove the door at the hinges, and then remove the sheet metal screws around the oven door. Pull apart the inner and outer door sections and clean the inside of glass. Reverse procedure to re-install.
As for the grates, I have chosen to let them season the same as any other cast iron cookware. Never any soap, and just a bit of a swipe occasionally with the scrub side of a damp sponge. For me, a beautiful well used and enjoyed patina is the reward, along with very little maintenance..:)

o

ctycdm - just wondering if you oil the grates. The appliance store where we will be ordering the BS mentioned doing this to prevent rusting of the cast iron

o

I seasoned my grates and bowls when new with peanut oil, but honestly, the grease splattering from daily cooking will do the same thing. I use my griddle often, so all the grates get a good dose from that ;) No rust would ever stand a chance on mine...

o

I didn't season it but it does just get seasoned over time.

o

Sorry for not returning here sooner. Thank you Ctycdm for your guidance on cleaning glass. I am nervous about removing the door from its hinges so I will need to muster my courage to do that. But thank you for sharing your experience.

o

• Posted by ctycdm 10b/Sunset 24 (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 23, 14 at 0:08

carree, door removal is quite easy...

Here is a link that might be useful: Door removal

This post was edited by ctycdm on Wed, Apr 23, 14 at 0:10

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here