Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tanem_gw

Appliances 10 months later.

tanem
13 years ago

We built a new home and I choose most of my appliances based on opinions from this forum. I am so thankful for the information on this forum! This is just an update after 10 months of use. After all the choices involved in a new built I don't remember model numbers, but look things up if someone has a question. A little background: We are a family of 5 with children ages 10, 8, and 5. I cook dinner and breakfast almost everyday. I'm not a seasoned chef, but I love to cook and make most of my items from foodtv.com or epicurious. I rarely make prepackaged food. my kids are in al lot of activities, but I usually make dinner ahead of time so it can be a little healthier.

Rangetop- 48" Wolf, 4 sealed burners, griddle and grill. Works fantastic. I find it super easy to clean. The built in griddle is my favorite. We use it for everything from pancakes to stir-fry. Only regret is not getting a bigger griddle and foregoing the grill. The grill works good, but we live in a warm climate and it's not necessary, but my husband insisted. He now agrees that a bigger griddle would have been better.

I have not used more than 2 burners at a time so 4 is plenty, but I do cook all vegetables in my steam oven.

Hood- Vent-a-Hood- Love it! Leaves no order or smoke in the air. I do not find it at all noisy.

Gaggenau 30" convection oven- Works great. My favorite feature would be the rottisorie. Makes unbeliveable chicken. I have only tried 2 racks of cookies at a time which baked perfectly.

Gaggenau Steam Oven- My favorite appliance, hands down. I use this for veges, breads, cakes and meats. It looks small, but you can fit a large prime rib in it. We use this over the regular oven. We did a test on prime rib over the holidays. Everyone thought the steam oven roast was better. With the humdity added it gives a nice crust while keeping the meat juicy.

1 fullsize dishwasher- Miele- Your dishes come out perfect.

1 tall dishdrawer- F&P- It is convienant not having to bend over, but doens't come close to the Miele for getting dishes clean.

Built-in coffee maker (plumbed) - Miele- I know there have been comments on how this is too much money for a coffee maker, but it is worth every penny! I highly recommend this machine if you are a coffee drinker.

Fridge- Thermadore Columns- 48" fridge, 30" freezer- no ice /water in door (I do not miss cleaning up water on the floor from the kids getting their own or the mildew that grows in the tray). Works well.

Water chiller- Aqua Chill- Love it! After staying with us my Dad is putting one in his house.

Comments (4)