Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
good experience with AJ Madison

Posted by logastellus (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 18, 13 at 19:58

Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances at AJ Madison.

Bought the stuff first, then read the reviews online.

YIKES! People are trashing aj madison left and right. I was so worried I was gonna cancel the order at first.

Then decided, what the hell, let's give it a shot.

Let me tell you, I was pleasantly surprised.

First, they called me and said the dishwasher I ordered wasn't in stock, a better one is in stock, however, so they offered to split the difference in extra cost. I agreed. Order placed.

10 days later, AM Trucking dude calls - we're ready to deliver. Four hour delivery window, they show up within.

Two dudes, pleasant. I paid $99 extra to bring the stuff up the steps, no arguments there.

Delivered the oven, cooktop, dishwasher and a microwave.

I unpack everything, check it all. The dishwasher is bent in the back, not exactly cosmetic. So, I refuse the shipment of the dishwasher. Dude says no problem. 60s later AJ Madison rep calls me. Offers to keep the dishwasher if I accept a 20% refund. I mull it over, decide I want a pristine one anyway. No problem, they haul the item away.

New order is automatically placed, I get the email for new order even before the damaged dishwasher left the premises.

Ten days later, two guys again, different ones this time, bring the new dishwasher. Unpack, no damages, looks good.

I must say the entire experience has been VERY hassle free. I'd buy from them again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: good experience with AJ Madison

Thanks for the review, and glad it worked out for you.

o

I ordered a gas convection range and hood back in April. I actually ordered just the range online and called in to add the hood. Once I called they added the hood and went right to offering me days to schedule delivery.

Delivery was A&M trucking home delivery. They showed up at the end of the time window they gave me. I only paid for standard delivery to the first floor the two guys were friendly but city boy types though. Due to how my old townhouse is set up they could not keep the range carton on the Dollie it had to be lifted on the porch and hand carried in. Well the one guy said he couldn't lift it due to hurting his back so I had to step in and do it with the other. Other than that it was a good experience and nothing was damaged

o

logastellus, where do you live? I'm in Austin, TX & considering ordering from them. I've been talking to an Albert there & he's been pretty good so far. I'm still not 100% sure I want to go w/ them, but am seriously considering. Would like to hear from someone that has had delivery in TX, if at all possible. May start my own thread to see if I can get anyone to respond if they don't on this one.

Thanks much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here