Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
48" kitchenaid fridge?

Posted by tammyw (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 26, 14 at 19:54

We've never had a built-in, so this will be our first. At a showroom, we liked both the kitchenaid and sub-zero stainless steel side-by-side. Based on price, the kitchenaid seems like a much better deal.

Is it a great fridge?

Any huge reasons to consider the sub-zero instead?

And what is the best way to buy the kitchenaid for a good price? It seems they discount where the sub-zero does not.

Is it worth getting an extended warranty on these built-ins? It seems like it would.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 48" kitchenaid fridge?

Also, am wondering if I should just buy locally vs trying to buy from an online store. Are there any truly reputable online stores?

o

I was just talking about this tonight. We have a KA 42" built-in (new model in 2007). We like the layout, and love the ice-dispenser in the door. The price was much better than that of the SZ. However, I don't think produce lasts as long as it should in our KA, especially lemons, limes, apples. And some cheeses don't last as long as they could or should before they start to mold.

I've heard/read that SZ's do very well at keeping produce fresher longer, but I've not had any first-hand experience with them to know if this is true or not.

o

I have had the KA for 6 years and it is the only appliance that has behaved itself. I liked the layout much better than any other when I bought it. The fit and finish isn't perfect but it keeps on going.

o

We have a Kitchenaid 48 In. Width : Side-By-Side Dispensing Built-In (KSSP48QMS) purchased in 2005. We have not had any problems with it (knock on wood) and have not noticed any premature aging of produce. Based on this experience I would definitely purchase again. Although I don't know how the newer models perform.

o

How is this for ironic? The original house we planned to buy (where we would have had to remodel) we fell out of escrow. Now we are buying a brand new house that has the 48" Kitchenaid fridge!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here