Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
twobelles

New Miele range?

TwoBelles
9 years ago

I was speaking with a sales person in Dallas who told me that Miele is launching their own range later this fall; I believe he said it is due out Q4. Has anyone on GW heard of this? If so, I'd love to hear any details that you might know. Thanks!

Comments (25)

• ChristyMcK
    9 years ago

I've heard the Miele 6000 series ovens are anticipated to be launched the end of July but that date is tentative and its unclear when the products will be available for purchase. You might check out the Miele USA facebook page. There are a few little hints. I've looked at the 6000 series in the UK to try and get a sense of what's new but it's hard to tell because they have a much bigger product line in Europe than what they have here.

I'm interested in the combi steam oven and my guess is that the new model will have an improved interface and a wireless food probe, but who knows?!

• TwoBelles
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The dealer also mentioned to me that he heard that it may have a steam oven as one of the ovens. That plus a wireless food probe? Hmmmmm...that could be a game changer.

• fauguy
    9 years ago

I've been hearing over the past few years (when we got out Miele dishwasher) that they were working on a range that would have an induction top with stove oven, all in one unit for the US market. This is because not everyone can do wall ovens and separateinduction ccook tops. I'd be interested a how the Middle unit would compare to the GE Profile induction, since that seems to be the top model out right now.

• schicksal
    9 years ago

Rest assured, the new models will be out soon. The reason for this is because two weeks ago we ordered a wall oven, combi-steam oven, dishwasher and warming drawer that are the current model.

• ChristyMcK
    9 years ago

Schicksal: I'm not sure what you mean. Did you get the current models at a discount? By current you mean what's available today (e.g. 4800 combi steam) or do you mean the 6000? If the 6000 series do you have an ETA?

All: Isn't speculation fun! I'm pretty sure the 6000 series includes a new combi steam oven model. The Miele rep told me the new combi steam model would largely be the same so I figure that means a new version. The food probe idea is my own based on what I saw on the UK websites so we'll see if that prediction comes true. I was only looking at the combi steam ovens with this prediction.

• andy47
    9 years ago

miele ranges will be out end of year

• saeyedoc
    9 years ago

ChrisyMck, I think schicksal was being sarcastic. Just his/her luck that new models would come out because they just ordered the old ones.

• ChristyMcK
    9 years ago

saeyedoc: Oh my. I am just way to literal sometimes. Your pointing this out made me laugh.

• fauguy
    9 years ago

Makes me wonder what the price would be. If it's made well and has plenty of features, and if there is only 1 model, my guess would be $4500-$5500. I'm not sure with something like this if they'd make several models, with a low, mid, and high price.

• ChristyMcK
    9 years ago

fauguy: I'm not sure there would be many models. I think getting through the US regulatory framework is a pain and so there are fewer options here than in Europe. Whatever they have in the UK is likely more than what would come available here. At least that's what I've seen with the combi steam oven.

• schicksal
    9 years ago

Saeyedoc is correct. It's just my luck... My guess it's that price will increase but by how much, who knows. At least the pictures of the new stuff isn't *that* different from what exists now.

• jkenzie
    9 years ago

I just had both a Miele installer and a Miele service tech out to my house today...installer was tightening down my stacked Little Giant dryer to get rid of a rattle during the washer's spin cycle and the tech was there to charge me $275 because I accidentally got the dryer stuck in "Laundromat" mode where you can't change any settings.

But I digress. Both guys noticed that I currently have a large hole in my kitchen where the range is supposed to go and both mentioned that Miele will be coming out with a range for the US market soon (tech indicated Q4). The tech also mentioned outdoor grills and a robotic vacuum.

So another data point for the speculation. They've got a sold unit with me whenever the range does eventually come out.

• mpatel1080
    9 years ago

does anyone have any info about this forthcoming range? Will it be 30 inch or 36 inch or bigger? Someone had mentioned it would have a regular and steam oven...that would almost have to mean 48 inches and $$$$. Gas or Induction? We are building a new home, and would be very interested in this as we are not big bakers and do not want to give up cabinet/counter space for wall ovens. KD recommended a cooktop with wall oven below, but I honestly do not see the benefit of doing this. We were going to get the new Bosch benchmark range which looks great...but this would be so much better.

This post was edited by mpatel1080 on Thu, Apr 24, 14 at 18:21

• ChristyMcK
    9 years ago

schicksal: congratulations on making your decisions! I think your right that changes will be largely cosmetic and you probably got a better price point. They ALWAYS raise prices when new products come out.

• schicksal
    9 years ago

Thanks, what I was afraid of were the big cosmetic changes. Since we ordered the Europa / Master Chef oven and combi-steam oven the biggest cosmetic difference is that the stainless panel at the top is now smaller and that different colors are available. I think that will be an overall trend at this level (decreasing the amount of stainless used, but not its disappearance) but the current Europa design is similar anyway.

I'm curious whether they're going to try and run three levels like I see on their UK site, or whether they're going to try and stick with two. I'm guessing the later just to try and keep their perceived image where it is now; I don't see the 2xxx series selling well in the US.

The warming drawer and dishwasher all have panels to match the cabinets so changes there would be invisible anyway. What I'm really hoping plays nicely with everything else is the microwave drawer because I'd be happier if it were flatter, but it looks nice enough still in the box at least.

• saeyedoc
    9 years ago

Would love more info on the upcoming range. We're still in the planning stages of a major remodel of a 50's modern home we just moved into.
    Planning on 36" Miele induction cooktop with combi steam and 30" convection oven. Would be great to at least see a range option, for space efficiency and easier ability to vent heat from the ovens.
    At the rate we're going, we probably won't get to the kitchen until 4th quarter, but need at least some rough ideas for master planning.

• fauguy
    9 years ago

It will be interesting to see what the specs and price of the Miele unit.

I looked at the new Bosch Induction HIIP054U model on the web site, and it looks like a nice unit. But there are a few things I'm not sure about...the layout of the induction hobs on the top is weird as on the right side the larger one is in the center-back. Also the induction control pad in on the top of the surface near the font, separate from the oven controls. I know the GE unit has all the induction and oven controls just on the one pad across the front. Lastly, it says the electrical outlet needs to be a minimum of 12" from the ground. Ours is right at the bottom of the wall in the center, so that would have to be raised 12", requiring electrical work.

So for me, this probably rules-out the Bosch, and I'd be back to the GE Profile, or this new Miele.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.bosch-home.com/us/products/ranges/slide-in-ranges/HIIP054U.html?source=browse

• Kathy Harrington
    9 years ago

I haven't looked at the Miele's because there is not a service person or installer within 2 hours and when I called the installer to ask him if he would come the distance, he told me that Miele was touchy and it might get expensive with all the service calls. We were talking at the time about a dishwasher, but I"m wondering if he was just trying to scare me away so he didn't have to come so far or if they really do require a lot of service calls. Any thoughts, Miele lovers?

• ollie11226
    9 years ago

any more news on this?

• PRO
    Joe Henderson
    9 years ago

I run a dealership new NY. Miele gave us first info this past week about the ranges. The early display models start shipping in September and sold models will begin delivering in November/December. They will offer 30", 36" and 48" ranges with gas self clean ovens, and dual fuel models. The new M Touch 6000 series oven controller is similar to the oven controller. They look pretty sleek. Exact specs and pricing are not out but they look pretty sweet. As soon as our floor model is shipped I'll get some pictures up!!

• fauguy
    9 years ago

I would think the top of the range would be induction?
    This would then compete with ones from GE, Electrolux, Whirlpool, etc.
    I'm just wondering how much $ it will be, since we know Miele is a premium brand and does cost more. With the GE slide in model at $3k, my guess is the Miele will be around $4k.

• PRO
    Joe Henderson
    9 years ago

There will be an induction in 30" that i saw. Knowing miele, I'd anticipate more like 5k maybe even 6k

• fauguy
    9 years ago

Do you happen to know if was a free-standing or slide-in style?
    GE makes both, and I like the looks of the side-in wit the control up front and no panel across the back.
    But at $5-6k I doubt that I would get it.

The next thing Miele woukd need to have an over-the-range microwave to giver above it.

This post was edited by fauguy on Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 22:34

• PRO
    Joe Henderson
    9 years ago

Freestanding for sure. These are all Viking/wolf like pro ranges.

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

Just to clarify for fauguy, whether a range is freestanding or slide in doesn't dictate control location or whether it has a back panel. GENERALLY though, freestanding ranges have controls on the back and slide ins have the controls up front. Freestanding ranges have finished sides, so they can be installed at the end of a cabinet run or just stand on their own. Slide in ranges must be installed between cabinets, and they are flush with the countertop for a more built-in look and food won't get in the cracks between the range and the counters.

Most pro style rangers are freestanding, yet have controls on the front. Some don't even have a back panel.