Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Modernaire hood damage

Posted by GWlolo (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 18:54

Does anyone have any experiences to share on a modernaire hood that arrived damaged? Did the company take care of the issue? If the hood needed to be remade, how long did that take? Did you have to pay to have the hood shipped back etc? Any puchback from Modernaire on fixing the issue or remaking the hood if needed?

We ordered a PS26 modernaire hood after a lot of thought. The hood was manufactured and delivered a few months ago but has been at the retailer for all this time. My installer picked it up today and when it was unpacked for installed there are several places where the hood is damaged including a big dent in the front. We have called Modernaire and the retailer but don't know the next steps yet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Modernaire hood damage

"Has been at the retailer" like in I paid for it months ago, never inspected it on arrival, and was getting "free storage" until installation as a "favor" ?
That's not good.

o

I guess so. I worked directly with the modernaire rep and we just placed the order through the retailer. I seem to remember that some of the old timers had some damage and modernaire worked with them? Maybe Plllog or Elizpiz?

o

I remember my retailer telling me that MA can be difficult and that it was very important for me to inspect the hood when it was being unpacked and before it was installed because otherwise MA would not accept that the damage was their fault. It sounds like the damage was there when it came out of the box. I would think that MA would make good on it for you.

o

How was the hood packed inside the box ?
Was the box damaged in any way?
Do you have pictures of the box ?
How long did it sit with the Retailer?

The answers to the questions above would depend on who is responsible to a remake the hood.

o

The hood was packaged with blown in foam. I did not see the box but it was not open when the installer picked up. It has been with the retailer for 5 months.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here