Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Porter & Charles duel fuel range

Posted by glynis3 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 20, 13 at 18:48

Hi everyone,
Wondering if anyone knows anything about the Porter & Charles duel fuel range. We saw it at a local appliance store & thought it was beautiful... It is also just within our budget & the duel fuel makes it very attractive. But I can't find any reviews.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Porter & Charles duel fuel range

The distributor for them is in Canada, probably a good thing , as I see you live there.

After much googling it appears they are made in Italy.
I would suggest you go to the Porter & Charles Website, (Just google, Porter & Charles Ranges.

Couple of things "stand out" (To Me!!!)

The oven uses "Steam Assist Cleaning" like some of the new Whirlpool Ranges/ovens, and from that we have seen posted, as well as reviews from Consumer reports, (Yeah I know), This method of self cleaning ovens has been less than an "Overwhelming Success"!! IE , it just doesn't work.
Now perhaps the Italians got it right, but I wouldn't bet money on it!

Second, (and again "To Me), it seems a bit "anemic" on the burner power, Only 1 "Wok Burner" 16,000btu, and then one "High temp burner", 11,000btu, and the rest are "Below the Radar Screen"

They do look nice, (at least from the pictures), and your posts does not mention how you cook or bake, but "Performance wise", (IE Heat), You would do much better with a Blue Star, or NXR (trying to stay in that price rance).

On a "+ note", it does seem they offer a 2 year parts and labour warranty!

Personally, I would like to see the Company, (Porter & Charles) do well, as the more competition the better!!!

Gary

o
RE: Porter & Charles duel fuel range

Yes, costco has the Bluestar in canada again & it is another one on the list. I thought that all of the burners were 16 000 on the Porter & Charles. I misread the pamphlet! Oops. That changes things. ): I am not much of a baker, but do a lot of roasting. They really are a beautiful looking range. Hmmm.... Leaning towards the Bluestar.

Thanks for the reply!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here