Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmrinc_gw

Blue star Electric wall ovens or Capital?

lmrinc_gw
10 years ago

I just saw this morning that Blue Star has come out with an electric wall oven with the french doors! It looks amazing and I love the french doors.

I love the rotisserie function of the Capital but I don't love the look but that's not a big deal.

I'm leaning towards a Capital range top since I won't need a lower oven, so I like the idea of dealing with the same company if something is wrong and I know people are very happy with Capital.

Does anyone have any opinions on the two?

Comments (6)

• applnut
    10 years ago

I've said time and again that I've sworn off Bluestar due to customer service and quality control issues but, wow, those look amazing; both the specs and the look. If Bluestar can nail these ovens--and given their earlier wall oven recall that might be a large "if"--and come pretty dang close to delivering the quality they're promising ... That would totally turn me around on the company.

• lmrinc_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Applnut. I've been trying to find some opinions on Blue Star but man, there are certain things that keep drawing me to them. I love that the PLatinum range you can swap out the grill for a griddle or just go back to grates.

I really want a range top with a larger griddle but I don't want a lower oven b/c of bending down. I guess no one makes exactly what I want- range top with 6-8 burners that swap out griddle or grill, large one piece griddle. Wall oven with french doors with rotisserie.

I didn't realize that Blue Star had such a bad rep lately.

• bober
    10 years ago

applnut,

Where are you that you get lousy BS customer service? I'm interested as I may be buying their range. I am in San Francisco.

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

Bluestar customer service has gone up and down the last 10 years.

The two years have been quite good based on the percentage of complaints here and elsewhere.

It was pretty bad 3-5 years ago.

A lot of people complained about delays in getting parts from Capital 3 years ago right after they released the Culinarian. The last two years have been really good. I had a service call that scheduled within 7 business days of when I called. And they adjusted the burners on my range correctly the first time.

• applnut
    10 years ago

I'm in the Midwest. Finding someone to work on a niche range remains troublesome, even though I'm in a suburb of a major metro. But I'm not sure that would be an issue in SF.

Getting parts from Bluestar when/if repairs are needed would be the primary issue to fret about. Like the above poster noted, Bluestar's responsiveness seemed better for a while, but has declined dramatically again, at least based on my single experience point. Currently repair person still waiting for RNB burner parts ordered in December. (Paid parts, not warranty service.)

• lmrinc_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm in the midwest too but we do have a bluestar dealer very close but that doesn't mean they know how to repair or do customer service.

I've actually emailed Trevor at Capital about a larger griddle but he won't return that email but will return other questions I have. Weird huh? I have awhile before I need to make my decision so I guess I'll keep researching.