Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BlueStar 48' Range - Small Oven

Posted by MichelleDT (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 14, 12 at 18:32

We are re-evaluating the *need* for a 60" range and now looking at the 48" range. The smaller oven does not have a window. For those that have the 48" range, does not having a window on the smaler window bother you? I am always peeking though the window.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BlueStar 48' Range - Small Oven

FWIW, lack of a window should make heating more uniform front to back since there will be more even infrared heating from the walls on all sides.

o

I am sure the small oven doesn't have a light so its possible even with a window you wont be able to see anything in side that oven.

o

You have given me an opportunity to suggest a radical proposal. Why not think about getting two 24" ranges instead of a 48"? The ovens are still quite large at 20" across the inside walls.

Or if you feel you need an oven that takes a full sized baking sheet, consider a 30" range with a companion range of 24". I guess that's more revolutionary since you'll now have a 54" range total. But to me it makes more sense on many levels.

They're easier to transport and move in to your kitchen. You'll have windows, broilers, convection fans,lights etc on both ovens. And side by side, it will look like one large range.

o

Michelle, One of the advantages to the small oven is that it takes less time to pre-heat.
By going to a 60" range with 2 30" ovens you'll lose that benefit.
As for the window, before we reno-ed our kitchen, we lived with a 30" caloric range that didn't have an oven door window and never found it to be a problem.
While I like the window in our new BS range, it wouldn't have been a deal breaker for me if it didn't have one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here