Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sue2012_gw

If you have a Wolf AG range/oven I would love your response.

sue2012
12 years ago

I would love to hear from people who actually have an ag wolf range/oven.

I haven't purchased yet but how can it be a wrong choice? Gas has been around for years and years. My husband likes the simpliity of gas and their repairs. Wolf's customer service is great. I am a little nervous as I have never had a gas oven before. Then again people do tend to love how they broil and roast. Again, been around for years. I am not a huge baker so the few times i do bake i am sure it will fine. Do I have any AG range lovers out there or is it a dying breed?

Thanks for your response.

Comments (3)

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

We have a Wolf AG range. I have always/only had gas ranges, with gas ovens, so that's really all I am used to. I used to bake a lot more often (pre-Wolf range), and never had any problems (from using a gas oven). I have used the Wolf for baking, and seemed to have gotten better results when I didn't use the convection fan, at least so far. I haven't done enough baking w/ and w/out the fan for the same items for comparison, though.

I get great results roasting in my Wolf AG; whole chickens and turkeys. I use the convection fan when I roast, mostly because the range has one--I roasted all the time with good results in my old pre-reno gas range as well. The convection fan does shave off some cooking time, (I always forget that my turkeys do cook much faster in this oven, so I've messed up the timing of the rest of the meal once or twice!).

I would get another AG range in a heartbeat.

FYI, I've read here in Appliances that the Wolf AG is being redesigned (with sealed burners, different knobs....), so now would be the time to try to get the "older" style AG if they are still available, and if that is your preference.

• sue2012
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Cat mom, Thanks so much for the reply. I am looking at the open burner range. i am not a big fan of the sealed. It is true in the future Wolf will be fading out the open burner. I still prefer it. I am glad you like to bake in yours. Once i year i may bake some bread and cookies maybe a few times. I roast and broil a lot. Have you had any problems with your range and how long have you had it? thanks again for your response.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

We have had problems. We first purchased a Wolf range in summer 2007, and ended up having the burner issue while oven was preheating/in use that others started reporting during that autumn. We decided to stay with the Wolf AG range, and waited out their research into the problem and eventual fix for it (they sent out two replacement ranges during that time frame; one that was eventually replaced with the one we currently have). Once in a great while, a burner will balk at lighting if we try to light it just as the oven starts up, but it will then light up after waiting a few moments. Since this happens very rarely, we are okay with it. Obviously, if it started to happen with any frequency or regularity, we would not be as happy.

The oven floor continued to "tin can" (make loud popping and cracking sounds) long after the break-in period, and after some time, one of the door hinges was not holding the door closed well along one side (allowing steam and condensation to build-up on the outside of the door edge and the frame), so we called Wolf and they replaced both a year or two ago (they had extended our warranty because we stuck with them while they worked on a solution to the burner problem).

Despite the issues, we are happy with the range (though I still wish the oven could hold full size sheet pans!). Wolf's customer service addresses issues when they are called, and they send out their own, authorized service companies to work on the range (even sending out a more seasoned/knowledgeable svce tech after the prior tech did not correctly dx or resolve the problems).

I was disappointed to hear about the impending redesign. If we ever have to move, my Wolf AG will be coming with me!