Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
happyx5

10 year old Viking

happyx5
9 years ago

We are doing a new build and are planning a 48" range. I have a quote for an all gas Wolf that I was about ready to pull the trigger on, then we happened upon a 10 year old Viking all gas, open burner, basically never been used, for about a third of what we would have spent on the new Wolf.

I know no one seems to like Viking anymore but I have had them in the past and liked them fine, I also want all gas NOT dual fuel and prefer open burner. Knowing what you know about Viking ten years ago, would you get the 10 year old Viking, or a new Wolf? I feel like I would prefer an older Viking that has never been used to a brand new one anyway, since their quality appears to have gone downhill in recent years, but tell me if that's ridiculous.

Thanks

Comments (2)

• malabacat_gw
    9 years ago

See if you can test it out. If it works well, get it! I have an old Viking (closer to 15 yrs old, maybe older) that's all gas and open burners. Love love love it! We've had very few issues with it. We've had service for the ignitors 2 or 3 times when they began to click and not light correctly, and twice we've had the heating element for the oven replaced, b/c the oven began to take a long time to heat up. Probably $500-700 total (if that) since we got it. Our range is great!

• grannysmith18
    9 years ago

I've got a Wolf cook-top (gas) and a Viking double wall oven (electric) which I bought about 5 years ago. Love them both so much.
    I got the 2 different brands because each had the features that I wanted in that particular appliance, but I wouldn't hesitate to get either one for a range.

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!