Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone have the Miele Combi Steam Oven Installed yet?

Posted by noopd (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 17:46

Hi

Miele US released the Combi steam oven (DGC 408x XL) last month and I'm trying to start a thread for owners.

Do you have yours installed yet? Any early reviews, problems or comments?

It's hard to find any reviews for this product (even for the 508x XL euro version which has been out for quite some time). The few reviews i found are from Australia and they had some initial problems.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone have the Miele Combi Steam Oven Installed yet?

Did you happen to look at the Wolf steam oven? Much larger interior...just thought I would mention it...that is what we selected.

At my appliance store, they love all the steam ovens...the Thermidor, Wolf and Miele...seems to be the newest way to cook...

Pam

o

>Did you happen to look at the Wolf steam oven? Much larger interior.

about 0.1 cubic feet larger, if I have the numbers correct. Maybe you are thinking of the Miele steam ovens (40% smaller), not the combi xl.

o

We are looking at going with the new Miele XL combi-steam over a Thermador or Wolf equivalent. So I too am curious.

o

I've seen the new Miele live but I really didn't like how the control panel has to lift up to access the water reservoir. Also, I found the menu driven system a bit confusing but the oven had only been installed for one day and none of the salespeople knew hot to navigate it yet.

I saw an AEG steam/convection oven in Vancouver and it's much bigger than the Wolf (2.59 v 1.8 c.f.) and exactly half the price $2700 v 5400. I still need to see it live so I can compare the AEG and the Wolf but the price alone is very tempting.

o

yay, finally my kitchen is complete..

miele just finished installing my combi steam oven
maybe i will post a review in a few weeks.

o

Did you consider the Wolf Combi Steam (about the same size). Why did you go with the Miele? I see you also have a Miele oven. How do you like it? I am researching Combi-Steam and Single Convection oven combo's and like the interior size of the Wolf and the Miele. Haven't seen problems with the two combi steams, although I think they have some operational differences. Have read about porcelain chipping problems with Wolf 30" convection and temperature problems with Miele 30" convection, so I'm in a real quandary.

o

We are comparing the two steam ovens and would also like to hear feedback about the Miele. Nobody near us has it available to look at in person.

o

i posted the reply on another thread but didn't see an option i can delete this.. ..

anyways, replied here.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg0600030630176.html?3

This post was edited by noopd on Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 16:04

o

Does anyone know what the Miele does that the Wolf doesn't and what the Wolf does that the Miele doesn't? THis is what I need to know to decide. Thank you.

o

Miele has a heating element on top for broil function where wolf doesn't. otherwise, they are about the same.

o

We installed a Miele combi- steam about a month and a half ago below our counter. I love it...but I must be challenged...I can't quite figure out all the menu programming stuff. My husband hasn't used it yet because he hasn't read up on how to do it. Has anyone found a good thread for using this oven?

o

I haven't done a lot of "menu" cooking either.. Usually I just create my own program. A few times that i tried menu cooking for vegetables, they turn out a bit overcook for my taste, so I readjust and select "al dente" on the scale each time and they come out better.

I tried the "croissant" setting and it came out perfect.

you can find some recipes on the miele website..

if you click on "recipe search", u can find the ones just for the combi steam oven.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele recipe

This post was edited by noopd on Mon, Nov 25, 13 at 20:43

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here