Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noopd

Does anyone have the Miele Combi Steam Oven Installed yet?

noopd
11 years ago

Hi

Miele US released the Combi steam oven (DGC 408x XL) last month and I'm trying to start a thread for owners.

Do you have yours installed yet? Any early reviews, problems or comments?

It's hard to find any reviews for this product (even for the 508x XL euro version which has been out for quite some time). The few reviews i found are from Australia and they had some initial problems.

Comments (12)

• Spottythecat
    11 years ago

Did you happen to look at the Wolf steam oven? Much larger interior...just thought I would mention it...that is what we selected.

At my appliance store, they love all the steam ovens...the Thermidor, Wolf and Miele...seems to be the newest way to cook...

Pam

• attofarad
    11 years ago

>Did you happen to look at the Wolf steam oven? Much larger interior.

about 0.1 cubic feet larger, if I have the numbers correct. Maybe you are thinking of the Miele steam ovens (40% smaller), not the combi xl.

• chris401
    11 years ago

We are looking at going with the new Miele XL combi-steam over a Thermador or Wolf equivalent. So I too am curious.

• fabbric
    11 years ago

I've seen the new Miele live but I really didn't like how the control panel has to lift up to access the water reservoir. Also, I found the menu driven system a bit confusing but the oven had only been installed for one day and none of the salespeople knew hot to navigate it yet.

I saw an AEG steam/convection oven in Vancouver and it's much bigger than the Wolf (2.59 v 1.8 c.f.) and exactly half the price $2700 v 5400. I still need to see it live so I can compare the AEG and the Wolf but the price alone is very tempting.

• noopd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

yay, finally my kitchen is complete..

miele just finished installing my combi steam oven
    maybe i will post a review in a few weeks.

• rjremodel
    10 years ago

Did you consider the Wolf Combi Steam (about the same size). Why did you go with the Miele? I see you also have a Miele oven. How do you like it? I am researching Combi-Steam and Single Convection oven combo's and like the interior size of the Wolf and the Miele. Haven't seen problems with the two combi steams, although I think they have some operational differences. Have read about porcelain chipping problems with Wolf 30" convection and temperature problems with Miele 30" convection, so I'm in a real quandary.

• relayer
    10 years ago

We are comparing the two steam ovens and would also like to hear feedback about the Miele. Nobody near us has it available to look at in person.

• noopd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

i posted the reply on another thread but didn't see an option i can delete this.. ..

anyways, replied here.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg0600030630176.html?3

This post was edited by noopd on Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 16:04

• dzaner
    10 years ago

Does anyone know what the Miele does that the Wolf doesn't and what the Wolf does that the Miele doesn't? THis is what I need to know to decide. Thank you.

• noopd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Miele has a heating element on top for broil function where wolf doesn't. otherwise, they are about the same.

• Bikgirl
    10 years ago

We installed a Miele combi- steam about a month and a half ago below our counter. I love it...but I must be challenged...I can't quite figure out all the menu programming stuff. My husband hasn't used it yet because he hasn't read up on how to do it. Has anyone found a good thread for using this oven?

• noopd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I haven't done a lot of "menu" cooking either.. Usually I just create my own program. A few times that i tried menu cooking for vegetables, they turn out a bit overcook for my taste, so I readjust and select "al dente" on the scale each time and they come out better.

I tried the "croissant" setting and it came out perfect.

you can find some recipes on the miele website..

if you click on "recipe search", u can find the ones just for the combi steam oven.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele recipe

This post was edited by noopd on Mon, Nov 25, 13 at 20:43