Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wolf 36 Inch (R366) Floor Model

Posted by schroads (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 17:18

Hello Everyone:

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have read and searched this forum extensively over the last 3 weeks. I wanted to get quick opinions and perspectives about the current offer that I found.

We moved into our current house 3 years ago with a 36 inch Premier stove (it's a long story). It has broken down multiple times and we do not want to spend another dime to fix it.

While money is tight, we want and need a new range for the space. I have looked at the reviews and comments on this page about various range companies and burner types. We want a gas range and cannot pay the premium for dual fuel. I prefer open burners to close ones, but it is not a deal breaker one way or the other.

When we shopped at 10 appliances stores over the weekend, we found one (1) Wolf 36 inch, 6 burner gas range (R366) floor model. Store manager is discounting it to $4,000. It is two and half years old. I have the serial number and called the Wolf customer service line. They confirmed the age and that no service has been done on it yet.

According to the appliance store and Wolf customer service, the warranty would still be 2 years (Parts/Labor) and 5 years (Parts) starting at the date of purchase. Although there was some minor scratches on the floor model, it appeared good overall.

I am worried about getting a lemon. I usually purchase by the mantra "If it seems too good to be true, it usually is." However, I have done some due diligence and it looks okay from the Wolf end.

I am waiting to get the appliance store's return policy for floor models. Absent that policy, is this a good deal and should I take it? What about parts for this discontinued model? Because it is the most basic gas range model, are there that many moving parts that could go wrong? I am second guessing myself, so I thought some people on the forum could make some points that I missed.

Thanks in advance,

Schroads

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wolf 36 Inch (R366) Floor Model

Hi Schroads,

The appliance is great and very dependable even to heavy & commercial users plus the parts are still available in the market.

The quoted price seems to be a bit high though compared to some rates in the market. Here https://twitter.com/AndelionTweets/status/326462440747462656, we have a quote of $2,180.00 still negotiable.

We could help you identify other potential sellers who can give you a "sweeter" bargain if you don't mind.

Here is a link that might be useful: Andelion

o

I bought that same range, except with 4 burners and a charbroiler, for $4200. We have been happy with it the past 3 weeks since it was installed. The oven is performing very well for roasts (such a relief after my former nightmare oven); I haven't baked in it yet.

o

The picture that Andelion sent is of the commercial version of the Wolf. Be careful if you install in residence. Some areas do not allow and home insurance may not cover.

I just bought a R366 floor model for 4300 and thought i got a good deal so good luck

o

They will have parts for 20 years according to their website.
I love my 30 inch, Good luck

o

I have the 30 inch version, R304, also purchased as a floor model. I love this range! The convection fan is very quiet and the oven bakes beautifully and evenly. $4,000 seems like a good price for the 36 inch model ... a discount of 20-25% appears to be the norm for these discontinued floor models. Keep in mind that you may have to purchase a riser separately if one isn't included on the floor model. If you do have any issues with the range, Wolf customer service is really top knotch.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here