Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schroads

Wolf 36 Inch (R366) Floor Model

schroads
11 years ago

Hello Everyone:

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have read and searched this forum extensively over the last 3 weeks. I wanted to get quick opinions and perspectives about the current offer that I found.

We moved into our current house 3 years ago with a 36 inch Premier stove (it's a long story). It has broken down multiple times and we do not want to spend another dime to fix it.

While money is tight, we want and need a new range for the space. I have looked at the reviews and comments on this page about various range companies and burner types. We want a gas range and cannot pay the premium for dual fuel. I prefer open burners to close ones, but it is not a deal breaker one way or the other.

When we shopped at 10 appliances stores over the weekend, we found one (1) Wolf 36 inch, 6 burner gas range (R366) floor model. Store manager is discounting it to $4,000. It is two and half years old. I have the serial number and called the Wolf customer service line. They confirmed the age and that no service has been done on it yet.

According to the appliance store and Wolf customer service, the warranty would still be 2 years (Parts/Labor) and 5 years (Parts) starting at the date of purchase. Although there was some minor scratches on the floor model, it appeared good overall.

I am worried about getting a lemon. I usually purchase by the mantra "If it seems too good to be true, it usually is." However, I have done some due diligence and it looks okay from the Wolf end.

I am waiting to get the appliance store's return policy for floor models. Absent that policy, is this a good deal and should I take it? What about parts for this discontinued model? Because it is the most basic gas range model, are there that many moving parts that could go wrong? I am second guessing myself, so I thought some people on the forum could make some points that I missed.

Thanks in advance,

Schroads

Comments (5)