Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quietest, but still effecient, dishwasher

Posted by asovey (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 16:48

We will soon be beginning a remodeling project that will open up our living room, dining room and kitchen areas. I am looking for a dishwasher that is truly quiet. Many people have suggested a Bosch, but Consumer Reports also lists a Kenmore, KitchenAid, and Miele as very quiet. The ones I am looking at are the: Kenmore Elite 12783, Bosch SHX98MO(9)uc, Kitchen Aid KDFE454CSS and the Miele Futura Dimension G5575SCSF and G5705(). Does anyone have experience with any of these or have a better suggestion? The Miele are the most expensive by about $400, but if they are the best than that is not that much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quietest, but still effecient, dishwasher

buy the miele and be done with it.

bosch cleans well enough , but there is a ton of lightweight cheap plastic on that model that doesn't warrant it's $1000 price tag in my opinion.

K.Aid is liked by some, but they have gone downhill since the 80's and they are run by Kitchen Aid and answer to Whirlpool. If you have a real problem, good luck. Just google kitchen aid dishwasher fires and self cleaning ovens breaking and then come back and tell us if the company's response is something you are comfortable with. Again, not worth price charged in my opinion.

o

The Bosch 800 Plus is the most quiet.

Miele Diamond is almost as quiet but much better overall.

How much better is a matter of some controversy among the GW dishwasher knowledgeable but not the Miele is better.

The Kenmore Elite with food disposers are rebadged KA and the Kenmore Elite without food disposers are rebadged Bosch. The TOL Elite is a Bosch 800 with sound deadening from the 800 Plus for a sound rating of 39 db.

o

I have a KA Superba Series KUDE50CXSS dishwasher - about 2 weeks old. Very quiet, cleans well. Lots of different cycle options. I had a Bosch before, and was not happy with it.
Hopefully I won't have issues with the KA, but I have an extended warranty from Sears Canada covering my 3 new appliances for 5 years. I've read here on GW that some people have had service issues with Sears in the US, but here in Canada (Toronto area) I've dealt with them for years and service has been stellar.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here