Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wolf DF 304 or 30 inch Culinarian

Posted by hikerguy69 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 15, 12 at 16:45

I am planning to upgrade my range to either a Wolf DF 304 or the 30 inch Culinarian manual clean. I really like how the Culinarian burners work, but I am not as sure about the oven, though I imagine that it will work well. I am more interested in the Culinarian because of the direct burners as I like to stir fry and I would suspect that the Culinarian can get a wok fairly hot. I bake some, but mostly roast. My main concern is that Capital has a very limited distribution network and I wonder about customer service and repair. I would like to hear what others have to say about their Culinarians. The most recent comment were from 2 years ago.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wolf DF 304 or 30 inch Culinarian

There are numerous threads on the Culinarian...more current than 2 years ago.

Here is a link that might be useful: CC Threads on GW

o

Capital is coming out with a DF Culinarian soon.

o

Thanks so much. I hadn't seen the concerns about the racks in the Culinarian range. Does anyone know if this had been fixed? It appears that Trevor has addressed the problem with the Capital, which is encouraging. If Capital is charging $6500 for the Self-clean model, I can't imagine what they will charge for dual fuel.

o

Most people appear to be satisfied with the racks in the revamped manual clean.

It does not cost any more to make an electric oven than a gas oven with self-clean.And there is a limit to what the market will bare for an American pro-style range.And it is well below that of a custom made French range. I expect the price of the DF to be the same or about the same as the gas self-clean.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here