Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janjan212

Did Electrolux change the handles on the Professional Series oven

janjan212
12 years ago

I was totally in love with the Electrolux Pro line double wall oven when we were looking at at kitchen remodel several years back. The handles looked so sleek in my memory...oh and the gorgeous blue interior and amazing glide racks!

That remodel never happened and we moved. We are doing a mini update in our current place (new counters, sink...etc) and our dishwasher NEEDS to be replaced and it got us thinking about ovens again. I don't have room for the double wall ovens I have always wanted but can do the speed oven & wall oven combo. The Electrolux was suggested (among others) and we went out last weekend to take a look. While I recognized the blue interior and silky smooth glides right away, the handles look bulkier than I remember .....almost clunky. (My personal description) Have they changed, or have the even sleeker pro handles on some other brands have me all screwed up?

I loved the look of the Monograms, but bad reviews and high prices are steering me in other directions.

Comments (2)

• dodge59
    12 years ago

There are/were, at least 3 Elux oven lines.
    The regular Elux, (one model as far as I know but check out the Electrolux site to be sure) and The Elux Icon Models, 2 models, one the designer series has the curved handles, while the Icon Pro series has the bulkier (to me) handles.

We've had the Electrolux Icon Designer series Oven and Speed Oven for over 5 years now, and both have been trouble free except for a screw that came loose for the handle on the speed oven.

The two, (Elux Icon Designer Series Oven and Speed oven) are a perfect match for each other, alto we preferred not to stack them (Function over form) in this case!

Gary

• janjan212
    Original Author
    12 years ago

DUH. I'm sorry Gary..... Thanks for responding. I'm so used to reading everything at this forum, and asking questions when I think if them, it didn't even cross my mind to go look at their website! Sheesh.

They DO have 3 handles. Electrolux and then the 2 Icon models, the Pro and the Designer. The Pro is my preferred, although they look clunkier than I remember. The designer is not right for my space, I like the straighter lines.

I got drawn into the Monograms, their handles and overall looks and forgot about the Icons for awhile. Then I looked at reviews and the monogram price tag, and quickly saw the original appeal of the Icons again. Someone mentioned the Miele and Wolf ovens and I started thinking of splurging, but the Appliance salesman (and he is very right in my case) brought me back down to earth. Overkill for my house, my budget, my cooking style and frequency, The fact I will likely move in 5 years or so was another reason not to invest that high end.. He agreed a Miele dishwasher was worth the added expense though.

He knew of the Monograms reputation and when I started to describe the issue with my current Profile Oven, he could finish my sentence. What I really want is something that does a good job cooking/baking etc... has features that I adore (those glide racks) looks nice, and will provide me with consistent results. The speed oven will give me the added feature of a 2nd convection oven where I have no room for the 2nd wall oven and micro, so I can justify the added expense for that. He helped me determine what will work in my space (extra room to expand if needed) and He's putting together a list of possible choices and emailing them to me.

What great Customer Service. I feel so confident in his information and like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I can't wait to see what he comes up with that is a more reasonable solution for my situation.