Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tell me about the old Miele steam oven DG4080

Posted by scrappy25 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 14 at 16:17

Sadly I do not have room for my 27" gaggenau steam oven that I purchased on clearance a few years ago since my kitchen remodel has contracted to the existing space.

Pendng finding a buyer for the gagg, I need to find a steam or speed oven that will work under counter in a 24 inch space, and there is an opportunity to buy a Miele 24" DG4080 steam oven.

Is this the one that only operates at 100 percent steam? I know that would be a step down from the gagg which operates at levels of steam from 10 percent to 100 percent.
If so, can anyone who has this post their experience with it?
Can this oven also be used as a backup convection only oven, or does it operate only in steam fuction? I have downloaded the user manual but cannot figure that information out.

thanks in advance for any info!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tell me about the old Miele steam oven DG4080

Scrappy,
That model Miele is only a steam oven and does not have a convection oven feature for browning food. If you just wasn't steam functionality, this oven is a great choice.
Homepro01

o

thank you, very helpful. Are there older discontinued models that operate in convection also?

Still looking to see how useful this DG4080 is, if anyone has it. thanks!

o

Are the Miele DG4082, DC4084, DG4086, and DG4088 models all steam only also? Why are they called "convection steam" ovens?

o

Scrappy,
The combi unit has an XL after the name. All the models listed above are steam only units. Are you sure you can't figure out a way to fit the 27"? Another thing I can suggest is the AEG steam oven. It was only available inCanada but I think someone on the forum imported one from Euroline appliances. The AEG was a combi oven and I believe it was 24". It is shorter than most of the other 24". Did you also look at the Thermador or Viking? Another option could be the Sharp steam oven. This is 24" and is a Combi unit. It is really small if I remember correctly.
Homepro01

o

the miele dgc4086xl steam oven is the tops in the business
far surpassing the wolf

o

thanks for the help and suggestions homepro1!

Problem with the 27" gaggenau steam oven besides that extra 3 inches is that it can't be installed under counter. :). My existing kitchen just can't fit it in.

o

Scrappy,
The Gaggenau can be installed under counter. I think you have to have the stand pipe installed in a certain way. I think a few folks on the forum have it installed this way.
I have an ulterior motive for helping you too:-)

o

Hmm... I did not know that! I have gone searching in the forums and emailed the 2 I found who installed it undercounter, but did not give details of the installation. I cannot drain it into the finished basement in that location so we shall see! Now to think hard about that extra 3 inches...

Thank you! Although I can't for the life of me think of your exterior motive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here