Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wolf Double Oven Porcelain Problems on L-Series?

Posted by applnut (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 15:33

I'm looking at replacing our wall ovens and have basically settled on Wolf. I know that very helpful forum member Rhome had the E-series of these ovens and had problems with the interior porcelain cracking. I've also read, anecdotally, that others have had similar issues.

Is this an E-series problem or a Wolf problem? I ask because we are looking at the L-series and, sadly, can't hold out until the new M-series (which looks super awesome) comes out next year.

I do a lot of cooking and baking, including bread and pizza on a bake stone: one of the things I really liked about the Wolf is their bake stone mode but it was this very high-heat use that, apparently, did Rhome's oven interior in.

Any other experiences anyone can share? Positive or negative?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wolf Double Oven Porcelain Problems on L-Series?

I am VERY ticked off to see this happening in the upper oven of my Wolf Ls.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I can't check the lower oven as I'm running the self-clean now, but I don't remember seeing anything like this when wiping it out before the clean. I'm not sure though as I expected the porcelain issues to look differently.

CR@P!!

o

Wow. I didn't even see the little porcelain flakes next to the gouges until I took this photo.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Yikes! So sorry that's happening, but so thankful that you're posting about it. Can you let us know Wolf's response? Very interested to hear how they handle it. Not good, though. Not good. :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here