Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there anyone who thinks it is easy to clean a Vent - A- Hood?

Posted by mjocean (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 12 at 15:21

This is my first post on GW. I have been reading posts for months and have learned a lot from everyone. Thank you. We are renovating and installing a new kitchen. We have selected the following:
Wolf 36" range top (6 burners, no grill)
Wolf L Series double wall ovens
Sub Zero 48"
Miele DW (have not selected model yet)
Wolf steam/convection oven (would love comments from new owners)

I have been reading many posts about oven hoods and have not come to any decision. There are many comments about the difficulty many people have cleaning the Vent-A-Hood, especially the "squirrel cage". Any positive experiences out there?

Also considering Modern Aire. I have a question about the noise if the fan in indoors. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Marilyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there anyone who thinks it is easy to clean a Vent - A- Ho

ModernAire will with out doubt in my mind be easier to clean,

As for blower options Internal will make more noise than a remote blower, having said that you really need at least 10' to make any real difference.

Remote blower 10' away from the hood with a silencer in between is as good as it gets from a functional and noise level perspective.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here