Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Half sheet pans in a Miele?

Posted by gin_gin (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 15:18

Can anyone tell me if they fit?

I loathe my current loud,rusty dishwasher, but 1 thing it has going for it is that there is one spot on the far left I can fit a half sheet pan. After looking at the Miele in the store, I doubt it will fit. Yes, I know, I should've brought the pan with me. If anybody here knows, I appreciate it.

Thanks,
Virginia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Half sheet pans in a Miele?

It depends - they will fit side to side but not standing totally upright - they need to take a bow to fit or you can put on the top shelf. It limits how much other stuff you can load into it.

o

I have a La Perla II.

If I adjust the middle rack all the way up all I need is about a 10 degree angle from perpendicular for them to fit. It would be difficult to place them and have them stay perpendicular for the entire cycle anyway.

The middle shelf will still fit tall glasses in this position. There is rarely something I want to fit there that won't fit in the middle or bottom rack when doing a load.

o

Thanks A2Gemini & Deeageaux. 10 degree angle is not too bad, that's a lot better than I was expecting. Thanks again.
V.

o

I just tried one in mine (Futura Dimension). While I can get it in at a slight angle as described above, it will prevent the rotating water-spraying thingy that hangs from the middle rack from spinning. Not a disaster, but probably not good for overall wash quality.

I have a bunch of half-sheet pans and I always wash them in the sink. Lining them, with parchment or silicone mats, is a big help.

o

In mine the sprayer will freely spin placing at a slight angle.

I can place perpendicular if I let the sprayer catch.

If the sprayer is prevented from spinning the machine stops and alerts me. It can't continue with the obstruction.

Having said that I always use a silicone mat but sometimes they get dirty anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here