Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pbx2_gw

Any advice on getting a Wolf range/oven below MSRP?

pbx2_gw
12 years ago

We've set on getting Wolf equipment but there is no prize for paying retail.

Do the experts here have any tips on how to get a Wolf range or oven below MSRP?

Would love to hear any success stories too.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (24)

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Watch for sales - we snagged ours during their fall sale

• zeebee
    12 years ago

Scratch-and-dent or floor model at an authorized dealer. Going-out-of-business sale. Local Craigslist for owners who are renovating and discarding not-so-old appliances.

Also, it is possible since Wolf is switching to sealed burners that current models in inventory with the semi-open burners might be reduced.

The appliance guy I'm probably using can't budge on Wolf MSRPs but cuts elsewhere so the total appliance package is cheaper - waives/reduces delivery, gives good discounts on non-Wolf/SZ fridges, hoods, dishwashers, beverage fridges, etc.

• Mistman
    12 years ago

Also check the higher end appliance outlet stores in your area. They usually have 'live' appliances on the showroom floor for cooking demos, a lot of times these will end up in their outlet store. I know here in the Portland OR area there's an outlet store full of stuff like that and I saw a 48" Wolf range @ the showroom on sale right now for like $5899 or something like that. I know it was cheaper than the Bluestar I ordered, by far.

• ex007
    12 years ago

We were able to get discounts on our Wolf rangetop and range hood last month by buying floor samples. Both pieces had been on the floor less than three months; absolutely no damage/wear. The dealer didn't offer the floor samples, I asked what they would sell the floor samples for. Don't be shy about asking for discounts.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Leibert's Royal Green in White Plains, NY offered decent pricing because they were a large dealer of their products (in 2007 at least).

• Vandit
    12 years ago

Damn Mistman. I need a 48 inch wolf range. What business is selling that for 6k?

• Mistman
    12 years ago

Basco in P-Town

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

My Wolf 30" L double ovens were a floor model unit being switched out. Got a great deal on practically new ovens. When I was looking for a similar deal on a 36" built-in fridge, I made a dozen phone calls to appliance stores in the area asking about floor models they might be willing to clear out. No luck locally with a decent price and door swing the direction I needed so I eventually bought on ebay.

• pbx2_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Gr8 advice all! Esp.:
    ask your appliance dealer and also make phone calls to other dealers... you never know what they have or what they need to get rid of. .

So simple.

• vieirab
    12 years ago

I've got quotes on a 36" wolf rangetop, 6 burner for $3,378 and the E series single wall oven for $3,637 and that was before any rebates that are currently being offered (if you buy the SZ fridge - 36" $8,100. I think those are below MSRP if not cost.

• Mistman
    12 years ago

That's a good price on an e-series oven, my quote is just under $4k, adding the steam/convection on top total $73xx.

• finestra
    12 years ago

I dealt with a high end appliance store that does a lot of volume in our area and asked for their best price on my sub zeros. I didn't even ask what the MSRP was (even though I knew it from checking the website). I am getting them below the msrp on the wolf/subzero website. I actually emailed the salesman a few days later and asked him if he had spoken to his manager about getting a better price and was able to get an extra hundred off of each already discounted price. Doesn't hurt to ask. Several local places have price match guarantee. Sub zero/wolf are running the promo right now that if you buy a wolf range and a sub zero fridge you can get 1000 or 1500 off. I was only buying a fridge and a freezer, so I couldn't get that deal. But I did get several hundred off of each. Since SZ and Wolf are the same company, you might be able to get the same type of deal.

• modern_mom35
    12 years ago

We got our E Series double ovens at a warehouse sale. They were floor models, but never unpacked. We got our 48" range top off EBay. Also floor model. Both great deals and well below MSrP. As to the range top, we wanted the semi open burners which have been discontinued by Wolf. They pop up pretty regularly on eBay so keep your eyes open if that's what you want. So for us it was a bonus - great deal and exactly what we wanted.

• ci_lantro
    12 years ago

I bought my Wolf rangetop at a warehouse sale at a substantial savings. It was a never installed customer return. I'm still kicking myself for passing up on a 36'' used all-gas range that I found on Craig's List for 2K.

• rkalish
    12 years ago

Found this on craiglist today. Dealer in ny with floor model wolf range at discount
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/ppd/2955406082.html

• pbx2_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow - some inspiring stories & ideas here! Keep them coming!!

One concern we have is that we are starting our custom build & are not prepped to handle getting anything delivered right now - even if we did find the right deal...

• Madeline616
    12 years ago

Hi Pbx,

You can purchase your appliance now, and most appliance stores will hold it for you, even for several months. The warranty starts from the day of install.

I had my Wolf range held for about 6 weeks, but now I'm looking at a Viking fridge that I won't be ready for until November, and the appliance store said they'd hold it, no prob.

The other option may be to have your contractor hold it in his storage space, but I'm not sure what that would mean for the warranty.

• Vandit
    11 years ago

looking for a 48 inch wolf range if anybody sees a discounted model

• jmcgowan
    11 years ago

Just ask for a discount. 10%.

• stayhomemom
    11 years ago

We shopped Appliance world...they were willing to come down by a little over $1000.00 if we agreed to use a stove they had supplied for a photo shoot...apparently they do that often in that store...Also, if you tell them you are ready to order, and are mearly shopping price, you will be surprised at the numbers they will throw at you...esp if getting a hood too. Have your number ready so you can counter them, and be ready to order immed if they are willing to use that agreement to make it worth your time!! It worked for me. Good luck.

• Vandit
    11 years ago

Got my 60 inch dual fuel Wolf for 1/2 of MsRP as it was an in store display model that had been there 3 years. Full warranty.

• va123
    10 years ago

Hi I am trying to sell mine it is only a few months old. It is 48" with grill... It is amaizing but I decided I need the griddle. Lmk if u r interested

• elite1
    10 years ago

va123 I am interested in your 48" Wolf. Contact me with your best price