Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
appliance decisions..

Posted by suburbanjuls (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 15:15

Hi all,

So I need to finalize my appliances so I can order cabinets(Barker). Here's what I have so far

Bluestar 36" Rangetop 6 burners
Broan 1200 CFM hood E64E42SS (42''W by 10" H)
Miele Dimension 5765 SCSF
Fridge-existing (1yr old) LG LFX21976 french door
Wolf steam oven
??? Wolf E series 30 inch wall oven???

I feel confident about all my choices thanks to extensive shopping, demos, and reading here. All except the wall oven.
While it's true that any brand can have problems, I want to make the best informed decision at the time that I can.

A range is out of the running for me, so if I were not to do the Wolf, what else I should look at instead?

All advice is welcome, Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: appliance decisions..

Wolf is an excellent choice and matches your steam oven.

Another excellent, and IMO slightly better option is Gaggenau. Side opening door so you don't have to reach over a hot oven door to get your bakeware. Also has built in air catalyzer to clean air of grease before exiting into your kitchen among other cool features.

You may also want to look at a Gaggenau steam oven. It does not have a water tank like Wolf but is plumbed in and has better variable control on the amount of steam.

Gaggenau steam oven has a bit less room than the Wolf steam oven but unless you serve a platoon of Navy seals steamed veggies on a regular basis I don't think that is an issue.

o
RE: appliance decisions..

Thanks for the vote of confidence, sometimes I think I just need validation! While I would love to say that price doesn't matter, only function I cannot justify the yikes I felt when looking up the price of those lovely Gaggenaus.

I think I will make sure to use their installer to get the extra year warranty, instead of my contractor. Then cross my fingers and hope for the best!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here