Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who loves their Wolf gas cooktop?

Posted by fern10 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 12 at 15:10

After reading numerous reviews about different cooktops, I believe I am ready to place my order for a Wolf 36" cooktop with a local dealer. I keep thinking maybe I should order a Thermador instead. I need help. Will I love my Wolf? Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who loves their Wolf gas cooktop?

We've had our Wolf 30" cooktop for 5+ years and have not had a single problem. Don't think you can go wrong with either brand, but the fact that all of Wolf's burners can simmer is one huge plus that Thermador can't match.

o

Thank you. That is a great point about the Wolf. Never had a cooktop before so it has been a challenge to pick the right one. Now I have to choose a double oven. ugh!!

o

Before I switched gears to a rangetop, I had decided on the Wolf cooktop after a lot of research on burners. My former GC has one that his wife raved about. I can't speak to IRL experience though.

As far as ovens, I love my Wolf Series L for even baking. Even the darling little timer sound charms me. Silly, I know.

o

Thank you. I would love to have a matching Wolf wall oven but my budget is limited. I can get a great deal on a Kenmore Elite but am concerned with the reliability. I don't bake alot just during holidays.

o

Fern, read deeageaux's post he just made on CR: Wolf ovens. He mentions the Kenmore Elite.

o

I have had a 36" thermador for the last 4 years and have had a couple of issues with the one of the ignitors not sparking, but the repair was simple. This biggest pain is trying to keep the crevices clean on the star burners. It simply is not possible. If it ever dies, I will probably go with a wolf range top, but then its open vs. closed burners....Hmmm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here