Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
microwaves

Posted by oysterol (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 15:07

I have read every Amazon review in trying to decide on a microwave purchase..ALL of them seem to be terrible..and share my same experinece with others on replacing an older microwave that lasted 10-15 years.with new ones lasting an average of only 2-5 years..Why such a drop in reliability...Does anyone have any verifiable repair data that would indicate what the least repair prone brands are...or ones that are significanly worse...or is it just a crap shoot?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: microwaves

The vast majority of MWs are made by Sharp and often rebranded. I believe that GE and Panasonic make MWs as well. Like all commodities these days, people want low prices and to compete, manufacturers cut corners to cut costs.

o
One more thing...

All products on amazon have a range of reviews - even the best products will have their share of 1-star reviews. Some of the bad reviews are simply because the product arrived late - I'm not joking. Also, people who are happy don't post nearly as often as people who are unhappy. Nonetheless, it is true that quality and reliability of nearly everything has gone way down.

o
RE: microwaves

There is a saying, if you have a negative experience you will tell ten people, if you have a positive experience you tell one. Don't ignore the reviews just keep them in perspective.

I was worried about ge microwaves based on online reviews. Then I asked here on this forum and got positive responses. I bought the mw and am happy with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here