Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele Single Induction Burner, no vent - in a corner, bad idea?

Posted by CarolNYC (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 16, 13 at 14:58

Hi, We are thinking of placing a single 12 inch induction burner with no vent in a corner of a kitchen. There would be a window on one side, above the unit. The instructions say the unit can be placed 2 inches from a wall; our placement will be almost 3 inches from the back wall and 2 inches from the side wall. Any ideas please as to whether this is a bad idea? Trying to figure out how much steam there will be and whether it will melt the paint (benjamin moore natura) on the wall and window sill. We haven't cut a whole in the countertop yet for the induction burner.... At this point, there is no other place in the kitchen it can go, so it's here or a return to the store. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele Single Induction Burner, no vent - in a corner, bad ide

I know I am in the minority, but I am not a vent-worrier.
I think there are some folks who think back on their parents homes, etc...and venting was rarely a consideration (granted BTU output was much lower). We have a vent over the island that I almost never turn on *blush* . I have induction.

My biggest comment would be to determine the largest pot or pan you planned to use on the induction unit and make sure it did not bump into the walls. A 12" fry pan still has overhanging sides and would hit the back and side wall, which would mean it could not be centered on the unit.

If that isn't an issue for you, I would not worry about venting (my humble opinion). If you want induction and it doesn't fit there, can you get a portable unit and pull it out when you need it?

o
RE: Miele Single Induction Burner, no vent - in a corner, bad ide

Thanks so much! I think you are right about the venting...I also like your idea about the portable unit though. Just realized that a small prep sink is to the left of the unit so there really won't be a good place to put utensils. Think I am going to try to move electric above counter & go with a portable unit. Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here