Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hood liner issues-help?

Posted by heidia (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 14:33

My hood insert is not pulling like it should. I have a service call Tuesday but additionally the lining looks like a mess. It is flush with the insert and the wood is already cracked and looks bad. Should the liner area around insert be recessed? I need to come up with a new liner so any info will help me in talks with my kd and the installers. Thx!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hood liner issues-help?

I'm not sure I see in the image what you can see in person, but generally one wants all surfaces above the burners that face the burners to be metal or ceramic or some material that is inert and cleanable. I would want an insert (liner) to have flanges at the bottom that cover the cabinet when the liner is (conceptually) raised into the cabinet. To successfully use exposed wood, the wood would have to be well outside the expansion zone of the rising hot effluent; i.e., the liner would have to have a large aperture.

Perhaps your cabinet fabricator thought your kitchen was only decorative, like many kitchens illustrated in magazines.

kas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here