Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dacor cooktop?

Posted by cooks1818 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 14:17

The 46" Dacor drop-in cooktop will fit right into the existing cut out in my granite countertop.
I would appreciate any feedback on Dacor customer service and product reliability from the great GW community!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dacor cooktop?

We have a 36" Dacor cooktop installed ten years ago or so. It has worked just fine. I am overzealous on cleaning the sealed stainless top, yet I have never damaged any electric auto ignitor. The porcelain burner covers are great, heat evenly and can be cleaned in the DW if one wants to (I just hand wash them). The continuous grates are very nice to have so as to avoid dangerous spills.

It's a fine cooktop with ample BTU capability for us and we chef it up some.

Good luck, cooks.

o

Sorry, I forgot the customer service part. When I first bought this cooktop (I think mine is still available btw), Dacor cooktops were relatively new. The local company reps did come to look at it, as I was fussing about something I didn't like (sorry I can't recall the details). They switched it out for a new one which was very kind of them. The cooktop has worked and looked absolutely fine with frequent, four burner use since that day ten years ago or more.

o

We've had a 36" Dacor Epicure gas cooktop for nearly 7 years and absolutely love it. We have the pop up vent with a remote blower motor. After a few months one of the igniters started clicking and when I called Dacor they sent 6 new ones and had a factory authorized tech replace them without charge. It's worked flawlessly since.

We also had an Epicure double wall oven that developed excessive moisture between the glass. Dacor replaced the glass pack and when that didn't solve the problem they offered to either buy back the ovens or replace them with the new Millennium model which was much more expensive. I don't think this is an everyday event but the CR rep told me that they were aware that several ovens had this problem and Dacor replaced them or bought them back.

o

My experience with them, on a corporate level four years ago, was very dismal but eventually they did buy my appliances back when they could not get them to work after 7 mos. There was another guy on this forum with issues similar to mine that they treated well. So service may depend on how close you are to them. If you have issues with them get everything documented and hold them to every promise. If you search on this forum you may get further feedback and if you go that route, lets us know how your cooktop is. I would feel a little better buying a cooktop than an oven but even on my range (ER36D) the knobs were flimsy plastic and one broke after a few months.

o

Thank you all for detailed responses-what would we all do without GW?
I do not believe there is a perfect manufacturer no matter how much research I do there are always bad reviews.
Also-I am trying to update an older kitchen-not demolish.
Difficult maybe impossible-but your responses have helped me greatly!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here