Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
freeclayinmygarden

thermador refrigerator outlet location

FreeClayInMyGarden
10 years ago

Hello all,
We have already purchased the Thermador package and I am now in the process of locating all of the hookups such as gas and electric for them. I am in a bit of a bind though, because I am installing a counter depth refrigerator against a brick wall and I would like to avoid installing a power outlet into the brick, if I can. The location for electrical supply is quite clear in the installation manual, but it offers no solutions for locating the power in the adjacent enclosure or even in the adjacent cabinet. I have called the "customer service" and they basically know only what the installation manual tells them. So on to my question: does anyone know what the backside of the refrigerator looks like? Specifically if there is a depression in the back face that would allow for an outlet to be installed on the side of the enclosure or to allow for a cord to be passed through the cabinetry to be plugged in the back of the adjacent cabinet? There must be some space allowance to permit the plug and outlet to be located as per their specifications but it is impossible to know without having first hand knowledge of what the physical shape of the refrigerator is.
Thank you in advance.

Comments (2)