Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help - Bluestar oven door stuck

Posted by mrzed (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 23, 09 at 13:42

I have a RNB 30 inch - about 2 1/2 years old now, and though I am still very happy with the performance, I am becoming less enthused about the QC on this model - or the design.

For a few weeks, now, the hinge would occasionally seem a little stiff - perhaps I should have lubricated it as soon as I noticed - but it went last weekend from slightly stiff, to completely locked - with the oven at 500 and a pizza inside (now a very dry pizza 5 days later).

Attempts to open the oven did not get beyond 2" opening at the top. pushing harder just deformed the sheet metal on the inside of the oven door. A gap opened, which i will have to try to fix later, but I used that to spray some lubricant inside the workings.

I have tried using leverage to push the oven open from where the hinge attaches, but to no effect. As far as I can tell, removing the oven door requires opening it first - which seems to put me in a bit of a bind. The unit is past warrantee - so I am looking for advice on how to fix this. I doubt a local tech will have any specific experience with this problem even if I wanted to pay someone to fix it - which I prefer not to.

I would appreciate any advice on how to solve this issue - please don't reply to only bash the quality - there are plenty of other threads for that. I am a handy person and not afraid to work on things myself, but I don't have the first clue where to start on this. If I really do need to bring in a pro - I'll accept that advice too.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help - Bluestar oven door stuck

If you give me a call I can tell you what to do
978-232-0007

o

mrzed, Long shot that you are still looking at this, but did you ever resolve your door problem? My door is stuck for the second time so I am wondering if there is a longer term solution.

o

monkeyk

The way to prevent this happening is too oil the hinges on a regular basis say every 3 months.

From memory I have never know a door stick that has been oiled, (that's not to say it has never happened.)
Should the door get stuck it's a very simple fix.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here