Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenamy

Griddle on range (possibly NXR)? Pros/Cons

gardenamy
13 years ago

I am considering a griddle on my range. Am currently looking at the NXR, 4 burners with griddle in the middle.

Pros/cons to a griddle. Do you use it? Hard to clean? Would you do it again?

Any NXR owners?

Any information is appreciated!

Comments (6)

• Nunyabiz1
    13 years ago

I have the NXR NRG3001 which is the 4 burner 30" model.

Right now I have a removable griddle that is 14X23", very heavy steel griddle that works great plus I can just store it in the oven or cabinet when not needed.
    That could be a good option for you, get the 36" 6 Burner NXR and then get either the 14X23 or 23X23" griddle depending on how big a griddle you need.
    That way you have 6 burners AND what ever size griddle that you need, plus you can use it elsewhere like camping or charcoal grill.

They also have a less portable version if you prefer and can even get a "broiler" ( I call it a grill personally)to go with it.

I have the 14X23" (RM1423-8) and it is big enough for about 8 pancakes.
    Best price I found for it was Amazon for $52

Here are the Chef King griddles, IMO they are about as good as you will find anywhere, way better than any aluminum/nonstick.

I used to have an old O'Keffe & Merritt about 25 years ago that had a griddle in the middle, was much smaller than the 14X23" I have now. I think I prefer to have it removable even though I loved that old stove.

As far as NXR stoves go, we absolutely love ours although we have only had it just a week.
    We bought ours for $1799.00 total cost, no tax, free shipping so for the price there are no other stoves that even come close to the quality of these stoves for that price, even for double that price there are non better.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rocky Mountain Cookware

• Nunyabiz1
    13 years ago

Here is the griddle, just getting started good on the seasoning (only had it for a few days) but even the very first use was totally non-stick and it is only going to get better with age.

• tanem
    13 years ago

Read my post: Appliances 10 months later.

• Nunyabiz1
    13 years ago

I ordered it from a place in Tampa Florida called "DKA distributing" I think they had 2 of them and I bought one.

I was a bit leery about buying something like a stove sight unseen, so when my wife & I were planning a trip to Coco Beach Florida to visit friends I looked on the internet for a place somewhere along the way that had an NXR that I could touch, see, feel, slam and bang to get a feel for it.
    You can "feel" quality when you touch it and I felt that with the NXR.
    So we ordered it from them which was good because they had the best price I could find also.
    This was for the NRG3001, the discontinued model which BTW I think I like more than the new one, I prefer the knobs to be tilted up a bit and the oven door handle is fine, everything else is exactly the same.
    No we did not install it ourselves because we had to have a gas line run, the stove we replaced was an electric one so never had a gas hookup in this house.

Get friends to help you move it into the house, it is heavy, about 350#, our house is built on a hillside so from the parking area to our front door is a series of about 35 steps, 29 down and 6 up. Took 3 of us 90 minutes to get it into the house.

• gardenamy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nunyabiz1 - I also am leary about buying sight unseen so it is good to hear these reviews. I have contacted the closet distributor to find if anyone in my area carries them. Appreciate your input!