Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LeCreuset cookware?

Posted by phoggie (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 13, 12 at 13:33

Also posted in Kitchen Forum~~

I have several big heavy pieces of LeCreuset cookware and I was told it is holds too much heat to use on an electric glass stove/cooktop. True or not?

I need to know ASAP because I need to know to move it or sell it.

THANKS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LeCreuset cookware?

Not. LC works on everything. I used it all the time on my old Kennie glass cooktop. You won't find it very responsive though, but that's because of the cooktop, not the pots.

o

The thing is that you have to set the pot down, not fling it or dump it. :)

o

I used a 6-1/2 quart (made in france but sold at Costco) cast iron enamel coated pan yesterday.....induction glass cooktop...NO problems. Works amazingly well.

o

I have a Maytag Gemini electric smoothtop range that's at least 10 years old, and I use LeCreuset and Lodge cast iron all the time with no problems. It might be a problem if you put the burner on the highest setting and kept it there for a long time making the pan super hot, but you'd probably ruin your beautiful LC pan as well as your cooktop. I generally heat the pan up on medium high or high, but once it's hot turn it down a bit or sometimes more depending on what I'm cooking. These pans are some of my favorites, and I can't wait until I can use them on a good gas stove.
If I were you, I would keep them and use them. I should probably add that I do set them on my range fairly carefully due to their weight, but I would do that on any range or counter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here