Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch Ovens - New Models vs. Old

Posted by steve_889 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 13:19

Looking at the Bosch 500 and 800 double ovens. I notice that the current model numbers are 5651 and 8651 while older ones are 5650 and 8650. Controls are different. Anybody have the newer models? Happy with them?
It also seems like the differences between the 500 &800 are the control panels, timer and a telescoping rack in the 800. Really worth an additional $350?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch Ovens - New Models vs. Old

Good catch, Steve_889. I'm off to look at appliances again this morning, and will ask.
My Bosch oven Q is whether anyone has seen the white one, its a 500-series oven, and I want to know if its the glossy glass-like white, or white metal. If I learn anything interesting, I will report back.

o

Also, new this month, the Bosch Benchmark series ovens and product line. I've asked the question about the white Bosch as well, wondering if it's similar to the Miele white finish.

o

Local store is having a sale today but, no Bosch on the floor. They do carry the new model but I got the "sale price good today only. . ." Routine and left. Bad as buying a car!

o

I'm a serious baker with a Bosch 500 series oven. It works like a dream so I'm happy not to have spent the extra $$$ for the 800 series. In fact, it was in my plans to order a gliding rack to replace a standard. However, the regular ones slide so easily that I never saw the need to spend the extra and the order was never placed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here