Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dual Compressor vs Dual Evaporator

Posted by maccurt (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 13:11

Intuitively it would seem to me that, regarding refrigeration/freezing of food, that a dual compressor system would be superior to a dual evaporator system. Cost-wise, depending on brand, these two types of systems can be similar in expense. Is a dual compressor system a superior system, and if so, on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being greatest), how would you rate each system?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dual Compressor vs Dual Evaporator

I can't answer your exact question, but I am linking a thread I posted last year which was a similar theme. We ended up with Samsung french door, with two evaporators, no water in the door. Very pleased. The Liebherrs and Subzeros were out of our price range by many thousands, and wouldn't fit in our existing cabinetry anyway.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread about Dual Compressors and Dual Evaporators

o

I saw this post, which really does not answer the question. Maybe this is not a concern for most consumers, but when looking for the best in function, price always a consideration, it warrants discussion. Most manufacturers that offer dual compressors as a competitive advantage have moved to a " tower" system, wherein you buy two seperate units, each with their own compressor, and "join" the two units together with trim, i.e. Miele, Liebherr, Gaggenau, Thermador, to name a few. The additional cost for joining a
system with two seperate units approaches infeasibility for most, myself included. Subzero side-by-sides become competitive at this point. Viking, Kitchenaid and others are less expensive but their units have only one compressor.

Here is a link that might be useful: RE: Dual Compressor vs Dual Evaporator

o

Might want to check that link because it just circles back to this thread.

o

This may seem like a strange suggestion, but I suggest you cross-post to the heating and cooling forum. Most HVAC people also know refrigeration. That might give you some more technical information.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here