Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who Woks on their Wolf???

Posted by sue2012 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 19, 12 at 12:33

Debating between a Capital and Wolf open burner. Not having cooked on either one yet. I have no doubt about the woking abilities of the Capital given the burner. What about the Wolf 16,000 Btu burner? I would appreciate any input. Does the Wolf wok well? Thanks in advance for your response.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who Woks on their Wolf???

I have an open burner Wolf and got their wok ring for use with our round-bottom, carbon steel wok. I have only past experience with electric to compare it to, so I think it does a wonderful job!

o

I have the AG wolf range. I have used both carbon steel wok and the All Clad stainless steel wok. No problems. Both work great. I didn't get the wok ring.

o

thanks for your posts. So you have plenty of heat with the 16,000 Btus? How do you like ypou gas oven?

o

thanks for your posts. So you have plenty of heat with the 16,000 Btus? How do you like ypou gas oven?

o

Don't have a wok (yet...thinking I might get one sometime soon), but the oven is good. I have only had gas ovens, so that's what I'm used to.

I will say, the left side seems to bake a little faster than the right. Don't know if it's an anomaly with my particular range, or a Wolf idiosyncrasy? Either way, I like using it.

o

If woking is important to you, bottom line is you will get better woking results from the cc. However, the wolf is a very fine product.

o

Your horse has probably already left the barn, but if you get the wok ring, the Wolf will work great. I have a carbon steel wok and the ring, and if I turn the burner on high, stir frying takes no time at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here