Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where should I go (look) for induction info?

Posted by yebo (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 12:22

I don't want to use the forum for induction 101, but I have questions beyond what about.com tells -- and am far fromspecific brands/models questions. I'll be grateful if people can direct me to an intro thread (well, not completely intro! I know about the metal pans) for thing like what you do about over, broiler,hood, and/or photos of kitchens with induction range tops.
Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where should I go (look) for induction info?

Check out the info on the induction site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here ya go!

o

I spent a lot of time studying induction before purchasing.
I ended up purchasing the Wolf - I liked the burner set up and the appearance.
Lots new coming on the horizon - zone less is still very expensive but it should be coming down in price.
I liked the JennAire - it had a mega BTU burner and a nice bridge between burners.
I also liked the Miele but decided on the Wolf during a sale. Install on Friday!!!

o

If you have a Ferguson's near you, I would go and talk with them. Also, if you have a Miele showroom you can see an induction cooktop "in action". We talked with the Miele folks and then went to Ferguson's to look at other mfgs and talk about the differences. We ended up purchasing Bosch, mainly because we liked the controls better. It's being installed this week and I can't wait to put it to work!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here