Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
135deepa_gw

Pls Comment on Appliance choices

135deepa
12 years ago

Hello All:

Please check below appliance choices for our new home build. Appliance budget is 30K. Can this be doable? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Refrigerator

Subzero 48" Stainless (NO dispenser on door)

OR

Miele 48" Stainless (NO dispenser on door)

Oven

Wolf CSO24 Stainless 24" Convection Steam Oven

Wolf SO30-2U/S Stainless 30" Single Oven

OR

Gaggenau BS 280/281 Stainless 24" or 30" Combination Steam and Convection Oven

Gaggenau BO 280/281 Stainless 30" Single OVEN

Cooktop

Miele KM 5773 Black 36" INDUCTION CKTP

OR

Gaggenau CI 491 Black 36" INDUCTION CKTP

Dishwasher

Miele Full Size Stainless

CoffeeSystem

Miele CVA4066 Stainless Plumbed Coffee System

Vent hood

Any 6" more than the cooktop size Stainless Contemporary style

Laundry

Miele W4842 Any SLC WASHER

Miele T9802 Any SLC ELECTRIC DRYER

Other

Microwave drawer Stainless Any

Warming Drawer Stainless Any

Beverage centre Stainless Quite

Comments (3)

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

I think you are doing great
    You will love your Miele DW - but be sure to get the model that pops open at the end of the cycle. It really helps with the drying of the dishes - especially plastic! I would also advocate for using the miele DW soap. I didn't for 6 years and when the Miele rep did some work on the DW - he left a few samples - they further improved the functioning.

I would question the Miele coffee system - if you like dark roasts, the all in one machines have difficulty with the oily beans. We looked into it but decided that the built in models are just not invented yet! (A little joke that my DH and I use when something just doesn't fit our needs)

We went with the Wolf 36 induction - it was on sale and will be installed in about 3 weeks!
    Same for the oven...
    Bought both during the big sale at the end of the year.

Fridge - no comments - we bought an elux 2 years ago and are re-using it. We like it but have not had a "higher end" version.

With the induction, you can get away with a smaller CFM hood. We are putting in a Broan Evolution - our local rules, so anything over 400 needs a make up air system (very expensive - but based on your choices, may not be a problem. We weren't willing to fork out another $5000+ for the MUA system)

Good luck

• PRO
    Joe Henderson
    12 years ago

That's pushing on 35-40k just for your knowledge. The gaggenau steam is double the price of the wolf (albeit with 5 year warranty).

As estrange aside, gaggenau actually makes a 48" configuration with 5 year warranty that will be less than the mile configuration for sure.

Mieles induction is a better value than the gaggenau for sure.

As for laundry there are better values than the SLC as those are newer to the market and haven't been as greatly received as their small laundry.

Microwave drawer - buy a sharp, they make it for everyone anyway and they are have the price

Warming drawer - mieles is really nice for not a ton of money especially compared to the wolf.

As far as beverage center thats in the air. I'm a perlick fan myself but the GE monogram isn't bad and the sub is pretty nice

• 135deepa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks a2gemini and joboxes!

a2gemini, do you have the Miele DW model name that "the model that pops open at the end of the cycle"?

We really don't want to go beyond 30K total. If Gagg is double the price of wolf/ Miele, we Will do the later as I donot bake much, and think would be happy with Wolf/ Miele.

I am seeing many -ve reviews in this forum regarding dispenser in the refrigerator door. We like to have dispenser in the door, but donot want the repair issues that come with it. also Miele 18" freezer seems to have less space as most of the space is taken by the ice dispenser. subzero has ice dispenser on refrigerator side ( Miele has it on freezer door on 48" model) which is connected to the freezer side, seems complex and might be repair prone more often.

Regarding Miele dishwashers,is there really any difference regarding noise between basic DW which is mid 1K and the higher end DW diamond series which is higher 2 K?

Regarding induction, still debating between Miele and wolf. The only thing Wolf is missing compared to Miele is automatic timer on their burners I think.

ventilation: we cook Indian food , with lots of spices , not sure if 600 CFM is enough even with induction ( we won't be using more than 2 burners at a time).

Thanks