Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
applnut

Advantium Replacement Options?

applnut
10 years ago

We currently have a 120v 27" Monogram Advantium. I mostly like it, though we rarely (once a year, if that) use the speed cook functions and instead rely on it as a microwave and occasional proofing or warming box. I like the soften and melt features, as well as the warm and proof options and wouldn't want to lose those.

Here's my dilemma: for the third time since install about 6 years ago, the turntable motor has failed. The first was replaced in warranty, the second we replaced ourselves and cost approx. $300. Now we're debating whether to fix it again, knowing it will likely only last a year or two, or replace it with another microwave oven.

Is there anything else that would look good, do what I need it to and, hopefully, not have the issues I've had with my GE Monogram products? (We also formerly had their double ovens, which were nothing but trouble.)

Other than the turntable issue, the Advantium hasn't been repair-prone but, honestly, three times is kind of enough, especially as I now feel like it will likely continue to fail in the future.

Comments (5)