Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opinions on "Bisque" color

Posted by chisue (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 2, 14 at 12:17

I'm so old that I remember this color! Now I'm seeing it again in appliances. It is a good match for our beige Corian countertop w/integral sink and the light shade of 'bamboo' we are using to reface cabinets. However...is this color selling? Do you think it will stick around?

The condo is on Maui. We're there two or three months a year. The rest of the time it is rented to vacationers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinions on "Bisque" color

Well, interestingly enough, somebody else has a posting that asks about getting a bisque slide-in range.

Anyway, you might have better luck with this question if you posted it in the Kitchens forum where the design mavens are to be found.

o

We have a kitchen with all bisque appliances. It too matches our color scheme. The only problem with that color is availability. You will find it only in the lower cost models of some brands. Above that your choices will be mostly stainless, black, or white. And if you later decide you want to replace an appliance you must get it it in bisque to match the other stuff.

o

I wouldn't, for the same reason that "bisque" appliances installed in the '80s then became extremely hard to replace: it was a trendy color, and trends come and go. Options/brand choices are also extremely limited.

I've got several friends who bought older homes that featured "bisque" appliances and many then had to live with non-matching replacement appliances that bugged them for years because they lacked the money to completely remodel or replace the appliances en suite and bisque versions simply weren't available.

But, heck, if I was lucky enough to have a condo on Maui I'm not sure I'd care one whit about the color of the appliances. Congrats! :)

This post was edited by applnut on Thu, Apr 3, 14 at 12:29

o

I loved my bisque appliances. They looked great and clean. As others have said, the appliances I wanted only came in stainless and bisque was getting harder to find. One salesman told me that bisque is only popular in Florida - where I live.

o

To my eye, the bisque from one company does not match the bisque of another.

So when you replace you mismatch even if you buy another bisque appliance.

To get them to match you have to buy the appliances en suite.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here