Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
30' Double wall ovens

Posted by BarbieKitchen (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 16, 12 at 12:10

And input/suggestions on brand and models of reliable wall ovens is greatly appreciated. I am looking at Kitchen Aid and am getting mixed reviews. Thermadore is out. Electrolux out. Anything else I should consider?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 30' Double wall ovens

Wolf

o

KitchenAid reviews were too mixed for me, as the bad ones were pretty terrible and the company doesn't seem to stand behind them well. I do love my Wolf, but Elux would've been my other choice. If Thermador is out, I might assume Bosch is, too? Others to consider: Fisher & Paykel or DCS (if you have good service in your area), maybe Miele. It might help if you let us know what things made you rule the others out... Price? Customer Service? Certain features or look?

o

So Thermadore was first choice, but, reviews did not back up price. So, then Bosch, but, no raving reviews there either. I am trying to look for as much info as I can find rather than base my choice on one or two bad opinions. That said, I am willing to invest a fair amount into my ovens, I just want to hear someone rave about them. Or at least, rave about the company, customer service, repair history. I guess I will research my local access to service for DCS and F&P. Checking out Wolf also. Thank you!

o

Well, BK You told us what ones to "Not Rave About" so at least I won't.

Good luck with your decision.

Gary

o

I love my Bosch 800 double ovens. So here's a raving review. It is possible that no reviews means happy customers, no?

They preheat fast, cook evenly and keep temperature. I have two oven thermometers hanging. I am not crazy about the broiler but that may be user inexperience. I am used to a Weber gas grill for broiled foods, altho I did broil inside in my 50 year old double ovens. I bake artisan breads perfectly 2 or more x per week.

I have not self cleaned yet. I do not cook a whole lot anymore, and we are empty nesters, but I know how to cook and can cook well.

o

Posted by dodge59 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 16, 12 at 22:11

Well, BK You told us what ones to "Not Rave About" so at least I won't.

Good luck with your decision.

Gary

Mum's the word. Go ahead with Wolf, then.

o

Another one here who's very happy with a Bosch. No complaints whatsoever after a year of use.

o

I have single oven bosch 800 and love it as well. From what i've read, double ovens in general are more problematic so perhaps that's why not a lot of raving reviews overall.

o

Electrolux does get rave reviews here, and you didn't say why you didn't like that one? A lot of the problems were with 2009 or before, and the problems got good response by the company, from what I've heard and read. I have Elux hood vent, 2 fridges, and 1 freezer. The freezer arrived dented... I assume by the warehouse or delivery people, but Electrolux replaced it immediately...No quibbling about whose fault it may have been. That's the only time I've had to deal with them, as our other appliances didn't have problems.

What you're wanting in an oven, though, is what I love about my Wolf E-series oven... Excellent and consistent performance with proven and well-tested technology, testing of every appliance before it leaves the factory, and really good customer service. F&P/DCS has good performing appliances, and responsive customer service, at least in my experience, but also in my experience and area, spotty local tech service. If you're in an urban area, probably not as much of a concern.

o

Awesome responses, many thanks! Electrolux did get a lot a negative comments from earlier models and I had one salesperson tell me he had customers who had a bad experience w/ customer service. That said, I did fall in love w/ looks of Elux ICON rangetop and may go for it. My appliance dealer here says he stands behind any needed service.

I will revisit Bosch and Wolf, although same SP said Wolf was not worth money in his opinion. Forgot to ask him how much he actually cooks. I could tweak out on perfect baked goods everytime and would pay more for that alone.

o

Besides their testing every unit, it is Wolf's dual convection technology that puts them above a lot of the other ovens, in my opinion and experience. I have had (too much) experience with other convection ovens, and this is the first one in which I think convection actually makes a big difference and works as I expected. I very rarely have to turn pans or switch racks to make sure things are all evenly brown. We bake almost daily... We bake all the bread and have a weekly pizza night for our big family, plus pies, cakes, and countless cookies. I love using the probe for meats and also breads, and roasting works great, too.

I've had problematic ovens and it's been worth it to me to have one I can count on. Maybe Bosch or Electrolux could have given me consistent results, too... But when I got my Wolf, the current Bosch was a new model for them, and the Elux was just coming out of their electronic board problems. I was tired of dealing with manufacturers and their issues, so went for the one I thought I could count on most.

In the interest of full disclosure, my first Wolf did have some problems with the porcelain cracking at the corners inside the oven after about a year. But I emailed them and sent photos, and they pretty promptly arranged for a replacement. It didn't affect the performance and I only missed a partial day of baking when they did the switch and I did the burn off in the new oven. The 2nd oven works just as wonderfully as the first.

Here is a link that might be useful: Description of dual convection system

o

We have the Wolf (2012) E series double ovens and have no compliants. They are used daily and have proven reliable. We very much like their look, features and ease of use.

o

Another vote for Bosch. I've had their 27" 500 series single oven with no problems so far and even, accurate baking. Feedback on Kitchenaid ovens was mixed and negative on GE.

o

We went with the Advantium 240 and the Wolf E series - I wanted 2 separate ovens in case one dies before the other...

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here