Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Berta newbie with basic questions- model, getting a deal, etc.

Posted by Madeline616 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 16, 12 at 11:46

Hi all,

Working on my parents' kitchen, and would love to do a Berta range. My mom is not picky at all, but I'd like to get her something nice, and I think the Berta would be perfect.

I'd like to get a 30" range, white color, so that narrows it down to the professional series.

I'd really like to save the money and go with all gas. I know the basic differences between gas an electric from researching my own Wolf (gas has higher humidity and may be better for roasting but not as good for baking, gas doesn't have self-clean), but can anyone share their experience with Berta AG as far as baking performance and overall satisfaction?

Finally, can anyone advise on getting a Berta below msrp? It wasn't an option with Wolf (at least in my area) so I'm not sure how to go about it.

I see various deals online, but I'm not sure about buying a large appliance from an online vendor. Is the warranty the same and equally honored by Berta? Any personal experience with this would be helpful.

Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Berta newbie with basic questions- model, getting a deal, etc

You don't say your geographical area so its hard to give advice from places not online. If you are in the NY-NJ region I can recommend appliance places. But, in general, get prices from Drimmer, AJ Madison, Plessures - all of whom have an internet presence. Then go to your local store and see if they price match. I personally prefer to deal with local places, even if it means paying slightly more because of tax. Good local stores will help you if you have problems. That being said, problems really are the province of the manufacturer because the manufacturer, not the store warrantees products. So, you might want to explore how good Berta's customer service is. The warranty is the same, but check with Berta to make sure the place is an authorized dealer, otherwise, the warranty might be voided.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here