Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Viking D3 refrigerator - built-in trim kit - worth it?

Posted by seosmp (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 19, 13 at 11:38

Hi,

I plan on posting this on the Kitchens Forum as well.

I am planning on getting the Viking D3 referigerator. I'm debating whether it's worth it to get the optional grille/trim kit for the built-in look. My frig will have cabinetry on the sides, so it's just the top grille and side trim.

I think it would cost around $350 or so.

Does anyone have this and like it, or not like it? Other thoughts?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Viking D3 refrigerator - built-in trim kit - worth it?

I would say that it would be worth it IF you have measured correctly and made sure that it will fit. Ours was measured incorrectly (by Ferguson) and the rope trim kit would not fit with our upper cabinet. We needed about another 3/8". It was a disappointment but not a deal breaker. We love the fridge. So bottom line if it will fit with your cabinets then I think it will make for an excellent built in look.

o

My contractor says its not needed and he loves this fridge and has put a bunch of them in lately. As long as the cabinets are built around it he says it looks great. It's also taller than most fridges too.

o

Paddyspub1 - thanks - so you have this fridge? I haven't seen the rope trim kit for it?? I have asked the cabinetmaker to make the opening high enough to accommodate the grille kit. He has the specs so hopefully it works out! He's also going to make a trim piece in case I don't get the grille. I like to have the option later on!

JAM_SF - well it's good to hear the fridge is a good fridge! The cabinetry will be built around it too, so I suppose either way it will look good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here